MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel with youth stock

MThuntr

Whittaker Guns (aka Whittaker Country) is running some really great deals on youth sized rifles right now. Shameless sponsor plug for the Howa Mini in 6.5 Grendel with both full size and youth stock. 6.5 Grendel would make for a great deer and antelope rifle...ammo selection isn't the greatest but should be plenty out there. Match this with a nice VX3 (which is also on special from Leupold for another day or so) and you have yourself a great youth gun that they can grow into.

Now go buy some sponsor gear!!!

Last edited:
Whittaker's has taken care of me in the past and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. 6.5 Grendel sounds like a fun cartridge.

I've never shot a 6.5 Grendel (but always been kind on interested in the cartridge). How does it compare to a .243 in terms of recoil?

Ugh...after debating myself for 2-3 days I pulled the trigger on this. Just what I need...another project.

I debated for about a week before I picked one up.

It’s nice. Shot right about an inch with a 2-7x scope and quality ammo. Rifle weighs 6.5 lbs with the scope. Good for my kiddos.

I didn’t spend much time on it. Just sighted it in. And started plinking steel out to 300.

Trigger is excellent. Finish is ok. Action is ok. Stock is terrible. I bet it would shoot sub moa with a good stock and bedded action, or a chassis. But for $350 I’m happy overall.

It’s nice. Shot right about an inch with a 2-7x scope and quality ammo. Rifle weighs 6.5 lbs with the scope. Good for my kiddos.

I didn’t spend much time on it. Just sighted it in. And started plinking steel out to 300.

Trigger is excellent. Finish is ok. Action is ok. Stock is terrible. I bet it would shoot sub moa with a good stock and bedded action, or a chassis. But for $350 I’m happy overall.
What scope mounts did you get/use?

Back