Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Howa makes a great gun.

sweetnectar

So Howa makes the Vanguard. I bought a Vanguard in 300 wsm several years ago and I am very pleased at how accurate the gun is. It came with a factory shot target guaranteeing its accuracy and I also found out the trigger pull can be adjusted. I've played around with a few hand-loads and recently found this one I really like. I know this might sound like and advertisement but I think a lot of us are starting to realize how good these rifles are and wanted to spread the word.
reloadingtestresults.jpg

My baby even gives her approval.

babyearprotection.jpg

They really do make good, acurate barreled actions. We have two, both in 7mm Rem Mag. The Weatherby won me two medals in the NC State games, and the S&W 1500 printed 3/4" groups with Plain Jane Rem box 150's first time out. We have since brought both to around 1/2 MOA, with some fine tuning and Nosler 150 Ballistic tips.

Sorry to say.....can't blame a miss on the rifles.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a vanguard in 257 wby. I've not played a lot with loads yet, but out of the box with 117g hornady bullets, I put three in about 1 1/4 inch. I'm not the best shot, by any means, and this was off sandbags, I think it's gonna work.

My shooting consists of two tube socks filled with sand and I lay on the ground...likely not the best set up but it sure shows a good tight group. On the target above my first to shots were almost through the same hole. Then I got all excited and I was haveing a hard time holding things still. It took me almost ten minutes to squeeze off the third shot and I know it was different from the first two by a little.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back