How often

I get a new bow every other year at the least usually every year. However I am still shooting my Switchback Xt and have found nothing that comes close to it as far of feeling good to me so I will be stuck with it for a while but I still pick up and shoot the new ones for target for something to do. Getting kind of expensive as they go up in price every year.

have had 3 bows since 90. liked the last hoyt the best. wished I would have kept it. looking at the new alphamax now. not sure yet. very nice bow.

My last one bought was in 03, I've been trying to replace it every year since but haven't found one I thought was worthy yet. I think this year might be the year however.

Seems about every 10 years

I think the technologies increase well enough to warrent getting rid of the old bow

Tomorrow I'm going in to pick up my new Hoyt

I have one of the 1st solo cam bows that came out...about 300fps. Its probably 9-11yrs old. I have never been one to update or buy every year or every few years. It works...it fits me...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Besides...500-800 dollars every year is a little ridiculous...unless you are loaded or want to make sacrifices on something else.

I shoot a 25 yr old high country Safari 2 cam bow, not the fastest by an stretch, i have owned numerous others solo cams etc...much newer bow's but hated them all! I have buddies who have thousands invested in the latest tech. bows but it still doesnt change anything, it boils down to personal preference, what feels good and what works for you! too many peolple get caught-up in the latest craze and totally forget the fundamentals of archery.

I got news for you faster is not always better and having a cool or the newest bow doesn't make you a bow hunter!

There's an old saying in golf "you can't buy a good game" same holds true for archery!

Nut, just practice with what you got get comfortable with a distance and stay within your limits, most importantly have fun with it!

Hey Nut,

Belive it or not, I am still shooting the same old High Country that I was shooting when we all went to Texas. Everyone keeps trying to get me to get a new one but I just tell them, when your bow kills more deer than my old one I will consider it.

I myself prefer an old friend over a newbie . There's nothing new being digested during the draw and shot ; and if the arrow is going to hit a little off I already know that upon release . " My " bad .

Although I'd love the new Mathews thats out now.I still shoot my Jennings Uniforce I got in 1996.It just works for me plus if I paid what they ask for one of the new bows it would be hard to not put it down during gun seasons.

Still shooting the PSE Nova I started with 9 years ago. When you shoot most things at less than 30 yards who needs 330 fps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back