Arrow rest

BillDoe708

I am looking at getting a new compound bow. I am looking at arrow rests. I'm a lefty, leaning towards hoyt and setting this up for hunting out west.

What arrow rest are you using?

I’ve used the same Hamskea hybrid hunter for 6-7 years now without issue, if I was buying now I’d probably buy the Hamskea everest or epsilon. Lots of really good rests available. When you buy the bow ask the dealer what they sell the most, what they like setting up and what they have the least issues with

hamksea epsilon. loved it on my hoyt and love it on my mathews.

I am admittedly a Luddite in this respect, but I cannot go away from my Whisker Biscuits. They are nearly 100% failproof, are easier to tune and do not have the negative impacts on velocity and accuracy that most people think they would

I have tried Limbdriven several times, mostly Hamske, and keep going back to QADs for hunting.
I prefer the narrow launcher and being able to have them cocked in the up position.
I have four of them on all my bows at this point, they been reliable and dependable.

When I tried a whisker biscuit I was SHOCKED. easy to setup and tune, no noticeable difference in speed. And I LOVE the total containment aspect.

For hunters, hard to beat. Only downside I might see is if you shoot hundreds of arrows a day it might wear out, but just replace the interior bristles

Last edited:
I just switched from a Rip Cord Ace to a Hamskea Epsilon and it's working really well. The Rip Cord always seemed to have a little vane contact which really got worse with age.

When I tried a whisker biscuit I was SHOCKED. easy to setup and tune, no noticeable difference in speed. And I LOVE the total containment aspect.

For hunters, hard to brat. Only downside I might see is if you shoot hundreds of arrows a day it might wear out, but just replace the interior bristles
A replacement biscuit runs $20. I replace mine every couple of years.

Once you go limb driven you dont go back. Look into either a vapor trail pro v (what I shoot) or a hamskea.

My opinion is QAD is the hot cheese right now and most folks shooting them shoot them because that's what the bow shop had on the shelf.

At least do some solid research on the benefits of limb driven drop aways over cable driven ones and if you still want to shoot cable driven that's cool too.

For hunters, hard to beat. Only downside I might see is if you shoot hundreds of arrows a day it might wear out, but just replace the interior bristles
For me all that was true. I got tired of them wearing out my vanes.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back