How many states?

putm2sleep

Three for me in 2016 : I will hopefully be hunting deer in Kansas. Applied for a Wyoming antelope tag, and just finished my apps for Colorado. :W:

How many states are you applying for?

Five. Points for just about everything here in Colorado, then will get an OTC archery elk tag. Big game combo in MT. Points in Wyoming and Arizona. Deer tag for a trip back home to PA at Thanksgiving.

Applying lots of places. Plan on hunting 3 more this year. WY for pronghorn, somewhere for birds, and here at home.

Minneaota deer an turkey, to Wyoming for antelope and deer and try to make it to South Dakota for pheasant again if I have time.

Probably just 2 this year. Home state of Kansas for whitetail and Wyoming Antelope.

Prob chase waterfowl in KS, OK, MO, and Arkansas.

In the past it was several western states but I've been trimming back. This year I had an AK license in hand so I applied for and drew POW black bear for spring 2017. For AZ points only because an archery elk tag would be at the time my daughter in CO has a baby, and my son gets married.....too much on the plate. In CA, I hope to draw a premium rut hunt archery deer tag.
Another AK sea duck hunt is on the menu.

Last edited:
Hunted AL for pigs DIY on public land in January, and will do my regular deer/turkey/bear in PA. Points in CO, WY, MT, and AZ. Not trying to draw anything, because having Boy #3 in late May. Hopefully next year will have the time to hunt pronghorn somewhere.

Hunting in Alabama, Indiana, and California.. Applying in said states (save Alabama), plus Alaska, Arizona, and points in Wyoming. So I guess hunting and/or points in 6 states total.

I applied for elk in WY, AZ, NM, and UT. I drew Wyoming, which I knew was a sure bet, but the rest are long shots. I will build elk and deer points in CO and will add to my deer and antelope points in WY while hunting leftover antelope. I'll hunt whatever I can here in MN and would like to hunt turkeys this spring and prairie grouse this fall in SD.

Applying in Wyoming, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and maybe Idaho. I'll be hunting in Alaska for sure this year (POW black bear this spring) and here in Texas. Depending how the rest of the draws go I may end up picking up a deer/elk combo tag in Montana again if my luck goes like it did last year.

12 states. 60+ applications. Half dozen or so sheep drawings. Mostly long shots of 1:100 or longer odds. WY pronghorn and CO mule deer are 100% this year if do not fat finger the application process. Another 20 or so could be 100% (i.e. have 14 points in Kansas for deer) for better than average tags but I intentionally do Point Saver or only put in for the toughest tag to draw and let the points ride until have a year when want to draw a tag there. I will probably never use my 20+ elk points in Oregon and plan to walk away once draw pronghorn one more time. Used to live there and when moved away kept applying hoping would pull a sheep tag. This might be the year!

10 for me (50+), 8 for my son (40+) I think. Since I have a Sask. whitetail hunt planned for this fall, almost all applications are either long shots that I would gladly adjust plans for or points.

7 or 8 states, probably 20 or so different hunts. I always draw something but those sheep tags remain very elusive, even after 10 yrs of applying.

4 states for big game tags plus points in an other. Hitting South Dakota for birds and possibly tagging along with my brother for a WY pronghorn hunt to bird hunt and fish. Kinda low on apps this year, but busy year nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back