How long to draw NV?

For the easiest to draw NR rifle elk tag(bull) last year it would take 57yrs(I missed this code previously) to get each of the applicants 1 tag. 18 NRs got that tag. 9 harvested an elk. 6 of those elk had 6pts or more. Only 2 of those elk had main beams over 50”. So 2/18 guys harvested really nice bulls. 6/18 harvested 6pts. Is that a tag worth having? Yes. Is applying in NV for 57yrs to get that tag better than getting 10+ WY general tags? Not in my opinion. Do you have to choose between them? Not necessarily! Some people can afford to do both! Are there better tags in NV? Yes...it would take 200-500yrs to get one elk tag in the hands of each applicant under today’s rates depending on which of them you’re looking at. Best of luck to you. So if I don’t plan to live to be 500 I should not apply in NV? That’s not what I’m saying. If you’re applying in CO, AZ, or NM, AND in WY, MT, or ID, AND you still have money left in your application budget, then by all means, add UT or NV.
🤪

unnamed.jpg

1038 applicants for 18 tags on the unit with the least demand.

1038/18=57.7

Not that hard to figure out how long it would take for each of them to get one tag.

I could have missed another one, I’ve missed hunt codes before, but believe me, I’m not missing a whole stash of hunts with 10% draw odds.

Just make sure you’re hunting the species you’re looking for somewhere else before you use money to apply in NV as an NR. If you’re hunting somewhere else and have money to take a chance with, and understand that you’ll probably never hunt NV, then by all means, apply in NV...you might get lucky, and if you do, it will probably be a great hunt.

Serious question for YOU...Would you tell someone who can only afford to apply for elk in one state that they should apply in NV instead of CO?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back