How important is it to you to own a Handgun?/ Tangent CAR THREAD

Nope, some guys are shotgunners, some black rifles, some old time guns (Brent D) some handguns and some black powder type. Some are into all or just some of them. I myself like them all and have fun shooting them.

I've always loved guns and the short one's are fun too. I found a nice Single-six three-screw .22 (both LR and Mag Cylinders) at an auction a couple of years ago - and got that to teach the kids with. So far they have been doing well with it. When I bought my first pistol I was 18 and my mom went through the back-ground check for me (small town MT, the Sheriff knew who it was for). I've loaded a ton for my .44 Mag. I would load down some 240 hard-cast (non-gas checked) just for plinking.

I've got 2 semi's, a Kimber in .45 and a glock in 10mm. They are super fun and that Kimber is very accurate out to 100. If I find a nice S&W in .41 mag I'll be adding that to my safe.

I think it is a good skill to learn - definitely a different skill than long-guns.

Important.

Currently only have two but am proficient with both and each fulfill their respective purpose well.

Not real important for me personally. They work when working the traplines, but I prefer the lever rifle for protection. One of the problems here is the weather and clothing make them harder to use than a lever rifle in an emergency or even a shotgun from a canoe or sled.

In the U.S., if you have a concealed carry permit in one state, does that allow you to conceal carry in all states or just the state your licensed in ?
@Panda Bear, the state you’re licensed in and any states that share reciprocity with the state you’re licensed in. This varies from state to state.

I always thought gun guys had guns. All kinds. mtmuley
I’m not really surprised. I learned a long time ago not all hunters are gun guys and not all gun guys are hunters and that’s ok.

One of my best friends and mentor has been a vegetarian for close to thirty years now but has more and different kinds of firearms than anyone I’ve known; even fine hunting rifles that just sit in his safes.

one of these days I’m gonna get that Browning mountain rifle off him.

I myself don’t have much use for shotguns since I don’t get to bird hunt much. I actually traded a S&W mod 29 to that friend for the shotgun I do own.

I don't hate them, but they're the last guns I'd grab out of the safe if the house was on fire.

Do you feel like you need a handgun in your collection?

Up until this March I had a Ruger revolver in .357/.38 and I really kind of forgot I had it. I seldom wanted to carry it, and I sure shot my bow a lot more when I needed "target therapy". I've never been in a situation where I felt I needed it to protect me, and the only animal it killed was a Cancer Eye Cow in 1996.

Now that I DON'T have it, I feel empty. I've been eyeing a Taurus 608 as its replacement. I don't want an Automatic. I want something jamproof and mechanically simple and safe. To me that means a double action revolver. I like the idea of 8 shots. I like the ported 4" barrel.
I am a new gun owner. I don’t know what I would do without my .45. I have always wanted a .357 though because that’s what my dad carried.

I am most attracted to fine shotguns.
Accurate long range rifles make me feel good and take up my gun research time
Just always seem to shoot handguns for target practice the most often and have them with me most often

Well first Dan O, thank you for your service, my Father in the 50's was a King County Sheriffs officer, one of the Weapons Instructors there, so starting at 8 years old I got lots of training. Back then lots of "Instinctive" shooting, both pistol and Shotgun.
Clay pigeons became my friends. Moving targets are familiar to me and I still have an occasional opportunity to Bag a moving target.
Most of the old school hunters I see today just shake their heads at the younger generation.

Like the new breed of Motorcycle riders.To me for years 500 miles a day was just a good stretch of the legs. Many today just find the nearest place to brag about what kind of bike is best.

Oh, that's right guns are just the same🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Such a pain in the neck to get one around here and when I have money to spend on guns, I've always got some rifle, or shotgun I'd like to get instead. I'll probably never own one.

Going to a real range for the first time in the a.m. to stretch the legs on the 6 1/2 and I definitely just threw the 1911 in my car and I’m moderately regretting not buying a box of ammo at f&s just now so maybe I’m just full of ish. 🤷‍♂️

they’re kinda just cool little trinkets too.
Like a Rolex or something.

@rwc101 my votes for the .38 revolver btw.
especially if you’re the kind of dork that rides around in a wooden boat.

Not real important for me personally. They work when working the traplines, but I prefer the lever rifle for protection. One of the problems here is the weather and clothing make them harder to use than a lever rifle in an emergency or even a shotgun from a canoe or sled.

In the U.S., if you have a concealed carry permit in one state, does that allow you to conceal carry in all states or just the state your licensed in ?
By lever I can only assume the 348 badass ?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back