Yeti GOBOX Collection

How bout them Cowboys!

On the picked up flag, I found it interesting the the receiver had his fingers in the face mask of the defender for quite sometime, making it pretty hard for the defender to turn his head, if he wanted to. I wonder if that was part of why they picked it up.

I am glad to see Detroit lose, due to the entire Suh fiasco. He is such an amazing player on the field, only matched by his stupidity in how he behaves after the play. It still ticks me off that the NFL reversed their suspension of him for this game on the basis that it would cause a very competitive disadvantage by removing such a key player for such a critical game.

Really? Hello, anyone home? I thought that is part of what a suspension for stupid activity was for; to punish the offender. If that causes problems to his team, he needs to reconcile that with his teammates.

And then, it gets out that he told the NFL that his feet were numb from the cold. That makes the NFL look like idiots, in addition to being spineless. Not a good season for the NFL brass.

I never thought I would smile when the Cowboys won a game, let alone a playoff game. But, Suh and his behavior is that irritating to me. Even with what I explain at the bottom of this post that is genesis for eternal dislike for the Cowboys. Until I draw my dying breath, the Cowboys will still be my least favorite team.

As to getting calls in their favor, next week will be a tough one for the refs. The two NFC teams who get the benefit of the most calls play in Green Bay; Cowboys and Packers.

Aaron Rogers is probably the best QB in the league and has been for a few years. As much as I hate to see him annihilate my Vikings, it is interesting to watch someone who has refined his craft to the level he has, with much less of a supporting cast than Brady and Manning. He doesn't need all the sympathy calls Green Bay gets. Rogers could make the Vikings Superbowl contenders, he is that good. Well, let's not get too carried away, Randy. Just annoying to see the calls GB gets, and has gotten, for years. As many as Dallas gets.

The Cowboys have a long history, at least 29 year history, of getting way more calls to their benefit, than their detriment. That is just part of how it goes when you play the Cowboys, and how it always has been. Only answer; don't let it be a close game.

Look at this link below. Divisional NFC playoff game, December 29, 1975. The penalty got called on the defender, Nate Wright, for defensive pass interference. Still get's my BP to spike. As bad of a call/no-call as ever has been seen on TV. I am sure every time Drew Pearson sees this clip, he has to chuckle at what a crime he pulled off on a national stage. I suspect he felt the need to go to confession that next day, given what crime he got away with.

As good as Roger Staubach and Drew Pearson were, I'll go to my grave, begrudging them the recognition they rightfully deserve. Too bad. They were great players. Just can't get myself over that one.

The worst call in NFL Playoff history -------> http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-co...5-Hail-Mary-Plays-1975-NFC-Divisional-Playoff

I was 11 years old, standing in my Grandma's living room when it happened. Cuss words the likes of which I never heard, before or since, bounced off the ceiling; her cigarette ashes flying in a shower of sparks and cinder, as she ranted and raved, screamed and yelled, throwing her arms to the air, clamping her hands over her new beehive hairdo. Finally the cherry on her non-filter Pall Mall, smoldering a hole in her polyester flower-pattern blouse that matched the window drapes was enough to bring her attention back to the melting fabric's impact on her skin. Her lapdog hid from her until New Years Day, as for the next week she was prone to burst into frantic tirades at the object/people nearest and dearest, sending man and beast shewing for cover. A few who lurk here knew my Grandma Harriet and will vouch for how accurately I have described my Grandmother's behavior during that state-wide week of mourning.

I think I bawled about that terrible call until I was 14. I still carry scars from that day. Enough, Randy. Move on ........... Go Pack (almost impossible for a Viking fan to say that). Stomp the Cowboys. When you have 'em down, kick a good one for that fateful day in 1975, when the world of football changed forever in the land of purple and gold.

I hope the Packers continue to get all the calls to go their way.....at least next week.

I love the haters. This thread was dormant till now. Green Bay will be tough. I like the Boys chances Jeez Fin, you too?. mtmuley

Last edited:
Nothing quite as draining as a 39 year long grudge Fin....or to most Cowboy's fans....entertaining.:D

Aaron Rodgers is a class act...

Looking forward to Rodgers/Romo. Hope a Chinook blows into Green Bay. Do they have those? mtmuley

Nothing quite as draining as a 39 year long grudge Fin....or to most Cowboy's fans....entertaining.:D

Aaron Rodgers is a class act...

I was hoping you Dallas guys would be entertained by that precise recollection of an event that still haunts my waking/sleeping hours 39 years later. Yes, I should probable seek counseling for that scar, but I'm usually able to compartmentalize it, only allowing it to affect my demeanor when the topic of "Cowboys and officiating" arise.

I'll go back to my homework now. :eek:

I was hoping you Dallas guys would be entertained by that precise recollection of an event that still haunts my waking/sleeping hours 39 years later. Yes, I should probable seek counseling for that scar, but I'm usually able to compartmentalize it, only allowing it to affect my demeanor when the topic of "Cowboys and officiating" arise.

I'll go back to my homework now. :eek:

:confused: :hump: Entertaining. Yes. If you really want to bare your ViQueens soul tell us how scarred you remain as a football fan from the horrendous trade the Vikes did with Dallas to get Herschel.

Cowboys racked up 3 superbowls in short order. All thanks to the Vikings brass. Heck, Herschel even came back to Dallas for another stint. The 'Boys owed him at least that much :D

Cowboys may well not have enough to get back to the super bowl this year but fun watching them rack up the wins...and have a shot.

GB should be a great game.

:confused: :hump: Entertaining. Yes. If you really want to bare your ViQueens soul tell us how scarred you remain as a football fan from the horrendous trade the Vikes did with Dallas to get Herschel.

Cowboys racked up 3 superbowls in short order. All thanks to the Vikings brass. Heck, Herschel even came back to Dallas for another stint. The 'Boys owed him at least that much :D

Damn Kirby, did you really have to open that wound?

Oh the pain. The embarrassment. The humiliation. And yes, the scars. The pain so great, I have completely removed that terrible day from memory. I almost have to Google it now, to even know it happened.

I can only assume that the Cowboys had a mole within the Vikings upper management who must have had pics of Mike Lynn (GM) and Jerry Burns (Coach) in close relationships with a farm animal; thereby extorting them to engage in such a stupid trade.

The least you Cowboy fans could do is put Mike Lynn and Jerry Burns in your Ring of Honor. Without them, you might be without some of the Lombardi Trophies you garnered from that trade.

And no, there could not have been a team with whom such pain could be inflicted from such a lopsided trade, as was inflicted by trading with the Cowboys. Damn, I still wasn't healed from the ripoff pass interference call I posted in the link below.

I mean, damn, if you're gonna do such a stupid deal make it with the Raiders, the Bears, even the Packers, but please, not the Cowboys. Hell, make a trade with the Yankees or Lakers for all I care. Just don't do anything with the Cowboys.

Ten years ago, the Docs told me I couldn't drink due to liver issues. You guys are going to push the limits of that treatment advice if you keep bringing up these terrible events I've tried so hard to bury.

Uggghhh .............:(

So is a call only bad and game changing when it's late in the game? The refs were killing Dallas in the first half. They called back a touchdown for Dallas as well on a holding call on Witten. I suppose you haters were all blind to Detroit holding Witten the whole game trying to keep him from his route timing.

A whole lot of game happened after the pass interference, no call, of which I've seen bigger muggings than that not called on Bryant, all season!!! Jeez, Dallas coverted a 4th and 6 for crap sake. And did the refs cause the punter to shank that punt like that? Nooooooooo.

It was set up for Detroit to roll down the field and score, they didn't, too bad. But seriously, haters gotta quit whining about one play, it wasn't a score, it wasn't fourth down, gimmee a break.

Attachments

• IMG_16170297745403.jpeg
    IMG_16170297745403.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 120
Great win for the Cowboys..........I thought the NFL was done with the replacement refs after the GB-SEA game a few years ago?

Attachments

• D   boys.jpg
    D boys.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 119
Keep crying babies!!!! Faceguarding is legal, it's all it was. Detroit had 4th and 1 and didn't have the sack to go for it. Didn't have the sack!!!!! So cry me a river!

8.5 minutes left in the game, the Lions have the lead, and the flag was picked up. The number 2 defense in the league let the Cowboys convert on 4th and 6 on their way to a game winning touchdown. Bad non-call or not, they have to finish the game. The bad call and non-calls went both ways. One team fought through it, the other folded.

surprised no ones asking about how/why Bryant got away with coming on the field, with no helmet on(penalty), as the refs were having their meeting about the pass interference call?

Seconds later, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant ran onto the field to protest the call. He was not wearing a helmet. Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1(j) prohibits "removal of a helmet by a player in the field of play or the end zone during a celebration or demonstration or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player."

Shoots....to borrow an expression, Jimmy crack corn...;)

Also, you don't question the Dez.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back