MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Honeymoon elk hunt MT

sent you a pm.I'll take some elk steaks in return since I'll b moose hunting

KMF makes a great point. I went on a 5 day bowhunt with my wife for our 1 year anniversary. She's not a hunter, but loves backpacking, wildlife and is tough. We stayed in a wall tent and got up early every day (4am) and hunted hard, but were back at the tent by 3 or so to have a couple beers and to take a dip in the creek. We too were in SW Montana and ended the hunt with a trip to Norris Hot Springs, near Bozeman. Elkhorn and Jackson are two other hot springs in the SW part of the state and I doubt you'll regret taking your new bride there. Also, the Calf-A in Dell, Montana is a great place for breakfast (south of Dillon).

I have hunted both Dillon and White Sulfur, and I love hunting the Dillon country. a good GPS with a mapping chip will help you find public land, and good optics will help you find the elk. there have been numerous days when we have seen/called in a dozen bulls. southeast and due west of Dillon are my favorite areas. the scenery is beautiful, and the fishing is great when the elk aren't cooperating. if you don't want to camp, you can always stay at Jackson hot springs, grasshopper lodge, or a Dillon motel and drive to the area you want to hunt. PM me if you'd like some more info, and congrats on getting hitched!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back