Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Holy $#!#, I'm Tired.

Randy did that phases of elk thing for different parts of the season. I didn’t pay attention, but do believe your target elk would be on within line of sight to I-80 now.

oopsie, spoke too soon. even with my vehicle legally being allowed during a closure like this (i think?) this may be an indication that going through Walden and coming up from the south to where we're staying is most advisable, probably safest regardless. or we'll leave in the morning.

1673562757534.png

It can be mildly entertaining watching the trucks during these conditions. If you have a slightly twisted sense of humor. Blow overs are slower than you would think. Just make sure you are on the windward side of them.

Already saw elk on the side of the highway. Not my unit though.

30 oz coffee, a donut, and a morning chew, had to make a pit stop.

I love that winter elk hunting doesn’t necessitate super early mornings.

Be at our starting point shortly. Watching sections that touch the highway closely along the way.

Very nice bull randomly came out of the blue behind us from where we came. Is just chilling 400 yards away on public.

So maddening he is completely alone. Elk several miles away on the hills to our right. Elk on private 1300 yards away in front of us. Bull to our left on public 400 yards away.

Actually surrounded by elk. Have to keep waiting.

Bull literally just bedded down. We’re stuck here

Elk are moving generally towards us.

Watching a herd of pronghorn 500 yards away. Watching two very nice winter range mule deer bucks 700 yards away.

Things might be coming together. Wyoming is something else.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back