Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Holy $#!#, I'm Tired.

Maybe he's just long winded in typing AND hunting! :ROFLMAO:
From his descriptions of his trials and tribulations, you may have the “winded” part right. 😜

**Apologies @TOGIE. It was a hanging curve. Couldn’t let it go. In all seriousness, it sounds like fitness is a priority for you, so you’ll find a way. It’s all very new still. Might just have to get creative. For example, I suck at morning workouts. I just don’t have enough energy that early. But I’m pretty mentally focused in the morning, and not so much in the afternoon. So I go to work an hour earlier and then get off early enough to work out before I go home. But I have to do it before I get home, or else home stuff takes over and I won’t. Just something I’ve learned about myself. I’m sure you’ll figure it out too.

It was a hanging curve. Couldn’t let it go.

Oh I know, trust me it’s fun even for me to make fun of how badly my body is performing these days 😉

I’ll definitely find a way. It’s also being so new to at all that makes it hard. Being so new to this it makes me feel as though if I’m not at work or working I have to spend every second of the day in husband or dad mode. Almost as if it’s wrong of me to do anything else that takes me away from that. Which leaves me getting up 1.5 hours early to work out which sure as chit ain’t gonna happen.

Stay tuned everybody.

Round two is scheduled for Jan 13-15. Have 1 for sure partner this time and we may get a day graced with trb's presence. This partner was actually supposed to be there round 1 but fell through with early christmas plans with the in laws that popped up.

Bringing snowshoes.

My concern with the way the snow is piling up this place will be devoid of animals. But maybe not. There are plenty of sage bushes sticking above the snow. And the place is so effing windy those slopes up higher may remain windblown enough to have exposed grass.

We'll just have to show up and see.

If I had some cross country skis no joke that's how i'd be approaching this.

@TOGIE you guys got a couple jet sleds? Handy for all sorts of hauling. With a deer drag harness I’ve hauled a toddler, gear through Ski Santa Fe trails on snowshoes.

Attachments

• A8DAC3E0-2E95-4614-8C3D-9EEE7C1C6B86.jpeg
    A8DAC3E0-2E95-4614-8C3D-9EEE7C1C6B86.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
@TOGIE you guys got a couple jet sleds? Handy for all sorts of hauling. With a deer drag harness I’ve hauled a toddler, gear through Ski Santa Fe trails on snowshoes.

i've been hauling around this Wal Mart bestseller item. straps nicely to a MR Marshall.

1672853039041.png

i came far closer than i'd like to admit using it to speed up my descent back to the flats the first time i was there.

only thing that stopped me was the thought of not seeing a barbed wire fence.

Would ya look at that! I googled this sled pulling and REI has some wicked diy suggestions if we’re feeling ambitious.

Would ya look at that! I googled this sled pulling and REI has some wicked diy suggestions if we’re feeling ambitious.

now this is quite the topic of consideration.

i'm feeling like i need to experience the joy of trying to keep a wal mart sled full of elk quarters running away from me on a downhill before i set up a diy pulk.

now this is quite the topic of consideration.

i'm feeling like i need to experience the joy of trying to keep a wal mart sled full of elk quarters running away from me on a downhill before i set up a diy pulk.
Obvious solution there is to get in with the quarters and ride down the hill... work smarter not harder

i80 open (it was closed again earlier this week), forecast looks nice, sun is currently shining. leaving after work.

pray that elk are still there/more elk have moved in. success mostly hinges, at this point, on if the elk are even there. still basically entirely limited to one spot to hunt at this point in the season given the snow we've had and roads now closed for good. i still have concerns still regarding the physical demands due to snow depth. the second web cam screen shot is much closer to my hunting location that the first.

pizza in foco tonight! this might as well kinda turn into more of a "live hunt." we'll see how things go.

1673555651419.png

1673555730819.png
1673556070806.png

Good luck! Still several crashes along that stretch of I80 including one right at that last web camera location you posted. It will get worse when the sun drops and things glaze back over. Take it slow and be safe. You are going to have a lot of snow to contend with. One step at a time and go kill something. Best of Luck!

Back