Caribou Gear Tarp

Holy $#!#, I'm Tired.

I make the call to my wife and tell her I've decided to wrap it up. This whole thing was more physically exerting than I anticipated. This recent weather and snow changed the game and I hadn't been prepared for it.

It seemed the sun was setting on my 2022 season

View attachment 258301

ā€œSo there I was baby, the inaugural hunting season of your life, things got a little toughā€¦and I quit.ā€

Come on man this ainā€™t how this story ends!

10+ months in I still haven't figured this out, so if you figure out the secret sauce please let me know. I figure I have 3 hours of unscheduled time in the day, but that doesn't mean free time. That's split between chores, maintenance, the dog, time with my wife, and finally me time. Of course I'm usually feeling pretty tapped out.
Iā€™ve got a squat rack/weight set and an incline treadmill in the garage. Itā€™s not perfect, but doing weights and then a weighted pack on the treadmill has been enough to get me ready for season. Thatā€™s usually done at night, after the kids are in bed and the chores are done and my wife and I have had a minute to just hang out and talk. If it doesnā€™t happen at night, itā€™s probably not going to happen. I just canā€™t seem to drag myself out of bed early to do it.

Point is, itā€™s definitely not a great or fun routine, but it works well enough.

ā€œSo there I was baby, the inaugural hunting season of your life, things got a little toughā€¦and I quit.ā€

Come on man this ainā€™t how this story ends!

It ainā€™t over yet!

But spending an hour shoveling a foot of snow out of my driveway and sidewalk this morning with more expected has me worried.

I just canā€™t seem to drag myself out of bed early to do it.

After reading some of the books Iā€™ve read on sleep I actually believe that if you cut out sleep for working out over the course of your life you will overall do more harm to your body and mind than good. I will never get up earlier to work out on a regular basis. Sleep is just too important.

Goes for staying up too late to work out too.

Gosh itā€™s fricken hard now.

Iā€™m in the office more now. Iā€™m looking to make lunch breaks my primary workout time. Along with coming up with a home gym schedule as 20 minute and half hour time increments allow.

After reading some of the books Iā€™ve read on sleep I actually believe that if you cut out sleep for working out over the course of your life you will overall do more harm to your body and mind than good. I will never get up earlier to work out on a regular basis. Sleep is just too important.

Iā€™m in the office more now. Iā€™m looking to make lunch breaks my primary workout time. Along with coming up with a home gym schedule as 20 minute and half hour time increments allow.
I hear you. Iā€™ve been saying for years that what I really need is to be independently wealthy. Imagine all the time youā€™d have to do whatever you want? You could sleep until whenever, so no worries on that front.

If anyone would be so kind to as to make me a shitty, entitled, trust fund kid, Iā€™d make you a deal to get in serious Cam Hanes HGH/roid shape with all that extra time Iā€™d have. Iā€™d even send shirtless photo updates of my progressā€”with back hair, of course.

I can tell you that youā€™ll nap on your lunch breaks before the time when you can exercise. Fatherhood!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your free time to work out 1.5 hours a day is not likely to reappear. Iā€™m 6 years in to fatherhood and there will continually be new demands on your time that appear at every turn. I commend you for getting out on your two hunts this year. Good luck in January!

10+ months in I still haven't figured this out, so if you figure out the secret sauce please let me know. I figure I have 3 hours of unscheduled time in the day, but that doesn't mean free time. That's split between chores, maintenance, the dog, time with my wife, and finally me time. Of course I'm usually feeling pretty tapped out.

i hope to really manage to make it happen.

i know everything comes down to priorities, that much is obvious. doesn't make it easy to make happen though. it's so hard right now.

an old mentor of mine always said "if you didn't get it done it's not because you ran out of time, it's because it wasn't important enough to you to do."

I had to get mine in before the end of 2022 to be considered for @Hunting Wife s talkie awards.

More to come later tonight hopefully. Even with the week off work and baby that sleeps like an angel it seems the busyness never stops.
So if your tag goes through January and you have not concluded the exciting finale, do you wish to be considered for 2022 or 2023?

So if your tag goes through January and you have not concluded the exciting finale, do you wish to be considered for 2022 or 2023?

Hmm.

I think my goal was to have a wrapped up hunt recap for 2022. So 2022.

If I fill this thing in Jan itā€™ll be the exciting post-script to wild 2022.

Or maybe Iā€™ll do another trip report for Januaryā€™s outing that will fall firmly in category for 2023.

I have learned I have the ability to turn a two hour hike into like 7 posts if I want to. So I could fill up a trip report on a weekend cow hunt. I guess you could actually call that bad writing.

When are the Talkies?

Hmm.

I think my goal was to have a wrapped up hunt recap for 2022. So 2022.

If I fill this thing in Jan itā€™ll be the exciting post-script to wild 2022.

Or maybe Iā€™ll do another trip report for Januaryā€™s outing that will fall firmly in category for 2023.

I have learned I have the ability to turn a two hour hike into like 7 posts if I want to. So I could fill up a trip report on a weekend cow hunt. I guess you could actually call that bad writing.

When are the Talkies?
Try to post on January 1 to keep the heathens from bringing the pitchforks šŸ˜

Gosh, this time last year, weā€™d hardly had like an inch of snow anywhere.

Feel like weā€™ve been getting hammered.

Irony being, this snow is making this hunt really hard, but the elk probably wouldnā€™t have been there and visible where they were had the weather not been the way itā€™s been.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back