PEAX Equipment

High Country Muley

What camera are you using? It takes great pics.
That is a tough deal for sure, doesn't help that he looks even bigger on the ground, than in the live pics :eek:

WOW!!!!! I did NOT see that ending coming! Whats the odds that there would be 2 dudes on the same needle in a haystack?
So did that other guy stumble upon that buck or had he been watching him like you were?

Sorry to read the end results, but I sure enjoyed your thread.

That is a nice buck!!! I'm sick to my stomach for you. Any idea why you missed? altitued, humidity, shot angle, scope get knocked off? How far was your shot?

I love the "patina" of your scouting photos. Sooooo many wildflowers and high country lushness depicted here.

Good show helping the eventual shooter of that magnificent buck.

Oh man, that's an incredible story! I feel your pain, but wow, what an experience! Did you find out your gun was shooting off or something? Your target practice looks as good as it can get.

How did it unfold with the other guy? Right place right time or was he hunting that buck also. Was he on the buck before you started shooting?

Last edited:
Oh man, that's an incredible story! I feel your pain, but wow, what an experience! Did you find out your gun was shooting off or something? Your target practice looks as good as it can get.

Damn gun! It was definitely the guns fault! Actually, it was the nut right behind the trigger!

To those that shoot long range or use a dial up turrett, I have two words of advice for you, "Zero Stop"

That sweet 700 yd poke I took on the way down there, well, the turrett never got zero'd out from that shot...correctly

Man, after reading about that hunt I just want to buy you a beer and a shot of whiskey to rinse it down... Bummer deal, but pretty cool that you got to spend some intimate time with a buck others only dream of, including myself.

damn damn damn. That is a tragedy.

After you missed, did the buck run down the hill and the kid was luckily standing there and drilled him? Or was that kid hunting him as well? More details!

Im sure that kid had given that buck a nick name too prior to the season. No one gets THAT lucky on that size of a deer opening morning.

Great story, and absolutely awesome pictures of that country. Too bad on not getting the buck, but if mule deer hunting was easy it wouldn't be great. Thank you for sharing.

Back