Here is my bear pics

supersider34

I went up Friday on a hustle to get there. I didnt get a chance to fully load my trailer days before as I had teacher conferences softball games and other things to keep me from it. So Friday I left the job at around 1:30 to get home load what I could remember and head out so I could check the bait sites before my wife and grandpa showed up. I didnt go to my wifes bait where she was going to go as to not disturb any bears. I got up there around 5:00 and went to my normal bait site and saw it was hit good. This is where kids grandpa would sit. I went to the new site nothing has hit it. So went back to camp waiting for wife and Dennis to show up. I got back to camp around 6:15. I waited and waited getting anxious for wife to get there. At 7 I told myself if she wasn't back there by 7:15 I was heading up to my normal bait site. I got there about 7:45 and snuck in there real slow and found bear tracks on the hill I was sitting. So now was kinda worried. But figured they where heading away from bait so might be they where using it to walk out. I sat down put my clock out and waited. So was about to fall asleep heard the squirrels on the opposite hill going nuts so kinda woke me up. The squirrels where making noises closer. So then started glassing and saw nothing threw the trees. All of a sudden out of no where here walks this bear. Awesome color. Cinnamon half down and blonde highlights across his back. He walked all the way down past my bait and came from down canyon from the bait. Oh yeah in all my haste to get up there I forgot my bow but loaded the guns so I am shooting my 7mm mag. So anyways the bear hesitaded before walking on the far side of the bait. This is when I shot. He took off. I freaked as I didnt hear the whack of the bullet. I fired Again and he was just side hilling but fast. He stopped to look back and tried to climb a tree. and I shot again. He fell out of the tree and laid down to sleep to go home with me. Had fun with this one as I had to get him out and down to the 4 wheeler. So I dragged rolled and hoisted him up and over logs till I could get it close to the 4 wheeler. Finally got him loaded and down to camp and my wife was there and no Dennis. He has been under Doctors care for a while now as he has had 2 heartattacks and he was hoping this would be his last year hunting and really wanted to shoot a bear with his ML before he couldn't again. The Doctor told him he had to run some more tests this week before he would give him the OK to go. So hopefully he will get to go up this weekend. Also sat on my wifes bait and nothing showed then went up this morning and took the film out of the cam and he was there last night but he has turned nocturnal. Will fix him this weekend to kick him out of feeding at night as I will take Mon and Tues off next week to do that. So will have 5 nights to help him out of it. LOL But here is my bear pic.
152041.jpg

Nice bear 'sider with some awesome color. Good luck with bears for the rest of the family. throw some more pics up if you have any.

Great job with the bear Sider! Is this the first for the Hunttalk Board?

Very nice bear. I would like to see some more pic's of it too. Especially if you have any of the whole bear. Just curious how do you go about getting bears to not come in at night?

Great bear sider, hopefully you have opened the flood gates and we will see a lot more bear tags filled. :D

Hey Miller, isn't it about time to head back to Canada and spank a bruiser??? ;)

You betcha. I will be leaving 5/29 and hope to find a good one. If not it will still worth the experience.

Next hunt is a Black Hills turkey hunt later this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back