Herd of grizz

Hilljackoutlaw

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
7,547
Can you imagine being out in the wide-open antelope hunting and you crest a hill with seven grizzly bears right in front of you. Or some cowboy/cowgirl out working fence or cows.
 
AI is amazing and terrifying at the same time.
'Don't believe that is AI generated. There was a factual news story earlier this year of a rancher reporting several griz at their place near Pendroy. Next day Montana FWP searched and found the herd was even larger than first spotted. It seems unusual for griz to run in packs, but this is certainly an unusual year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hem
I’d be interested in understanding this dynamic of how multiple sows and cubs seem to hang together in that open prairie country. I’ve never seen anything like this among grizzlies in the mountains.

I’ve seen bears tolerate close proximity to each other at a concentrated food source but these sightings seem to indicate that these bears are together more than that.

I wonder if it has to do with there being less security cover in that area and bears are concentrated enough to where they spend enough time in proximity and learn a social dynamic that makes them comfortable or prefer to stay together?
 
I’d be interested in understanding this dynamic of how multiple sows and cubs seem to hang together in that open prairie country. I’ve never seen anything like this among grizzlies in the mountains.

I’ve seen bears tolerate close proximity to each other at a concentrated food source but these sightings seem to indicate that these bears are together more than that.

I wonder if it has to do with there being less security cover in that area and bears are concentrated enough to where they spend enough time in proximity and learn a social dynamic that makes them comfortable or prefer to stay together?
Fish and game thinks they could be siblings that each have cubs and hang together. I read that tho in an article, the bear conflict manager didnt say that to me directly.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,146
Messages
2,251,269
Members
39,102
Latest member
VioletCrown
Back
Top