Yeti GOBOX Collection

Henry Mountains Deer Tag

Idaho_B&T

Last night I pulled up my e-mail and saw the Utah draw results were out. I put in for only the top, premium hunts, so I know what to expect....zero. Well, last night I saw the word "SUCCESSFUL" on the list next to deer. My heart about jumped out of my chest and I literally stared shaking because I only put in for the Henry Mountains Premium any weapon hunt in late October. I looked and confirmed; that is indeed what I drew!! I am still in shock! I still am digesting the reality of drawing,arguably the most coveted mule deer tag in the western US. This tag is literally the Holy Grail of mule deer hunting. I am up for it an rearing to go. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I pack hunt and am a hard-core DIY guy, so this should be fun. I intend to spend a few weeks down there prior to the hunt.

Wow you lucky son of a gun! Can't wait too see your story this coming fall with that tag!

THE tag to have. You know what to look for in a good muley?? :)

Where do you call home now days? I heard a rumor you moved back to the Dakotas.

I did spend two years working in North Dakota, however I have been back in Idaho since late last summer. I am in Albion now. You in CO still?

Congrats! That should be a great hunt, however you are gonna have a hard time topping the one you got a few years ago. Hang a pic of that beast.

What a tag...well done...take us all along for the ride...it might be the only way most of us will get to see what the Henry's has to offer a good keen hunter.

Congratulations on the best deer tag there is. We will be heading down the 10th-ish of August if you need someone to show you around.

Attachments

• DSCN1322.jpg
    DSCN1322.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2,454
  • DSCN2881_520.jpg
    DSCN2881_520.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,529
  • DSCN2874_513.jpg
    DSCN2874_513.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,555
Sweet. Enjoy the whole process. Please take us along with pics and updates.

Super congratulations. I would agree its one of the very top hunts to have for mule deer. A premium tag at that. Cant wait to hear the stories. Let us live vicariously through you.

very awesome..... congrats.... how many points does it take too get a tag like that? hope you have a successful hunt, I would be down there 2 weeks prior and the entire season...
Matt

That's awesome! Congrats. It would be great if you bring us along for the adventure as many of us will not get to experience the Henry's.

I know a man that has great knowledge of the area. PM if you are interested and I will point you in his direction.

I had 8 points, which is no where near the top tier required, which means I drew the one random tag. The odds are VERY long. I will be down there once in July, twice in August, the week before the hunt and obviously the week of. I will try and post updates. It will be fun! Thanks for the comments!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back