Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

help score this buck...

BuzzH

I've come up with some numbers on this antelope I took pictures of while bowhunting. Had numerous opportunities at P&Y class bucks, but after seeing this one and one other that I didnt take pictures of I decided to be picky.

I think he's a pretty good buck, but I've been fooled many times.

ant162.jpg

Another look, not the best picture.

ant16.jpg

One last look:

ant163.jpg

Maybe this picture will help for scoring too:

ant164.jpg

The only thing I think this buck is lacking is enough mass to be a great buck...I think he's good and if given the opportunity, I'd kill him. Just curious on what others think score wise.

Last edited:
I'll go with 77, Great buck, especially if you get him with a bow. Looks like the buck I shot yesterday, maybe a tad taller though.

The first three scores posted are why I struggle with judging antelope. I think all could easily be correct. I have about 15 minutes of good video of this buck on two different days...and about 25 still photos.

A five point spread on score from lowest to highest...thats a wide range on an antelope.

Thanks guys.

I'd appreciate a few more estimates.

The first three scores posted are why I struggle with judging antelope. I think all could easily be correct. I have about 15 minutes of good video of this buck on two different days...and about 25 still photos.

A five point spread on score from lowest to highest...thats a wide range on an antelope.

Thanks guys.

I'd appreciate a few more estimates.

Buzz, my orignal score on the calculator was 80 on the dot. He looks better to me so I threw on the extra 2.

If he breaks 80 it will come down to the third mass measurement. I always struggle with the height on really heart shaped/flared out goat. I would guess that he breaks 80 inches, pretty close to 81. His cutters will do a good job on the score as well.

15-3/4 length, 13 for mass below the prong, 6 above the prong, 5-3/4 on the prong.

I chased one around about like that yesterday morning.

I came up with about identical numbers to Greenhorns and arrived at a score of 81 as well. Hopefully I can find him during rifle season.

Thanks for the estimates.

I dont know Pronghorns for chit, but have watched/hunted one for 3 days now that is slightly smaller that I thought was maybe 75-77... I think i must have been in the ballpark...I gotta download some pics of him...maybe he's smaller..but he's good for me for sure.

I cannot figure out where they are watering and the terrain he's in is just flat with no cover!!!

Great buck. Why don't you just go and shoot one of those other pope and young bucks and leave him for someone else that has the later hunt. ;)

He's a shooter in my book. Here are my numbers:

length 15 4/8
prong 5 4/8
bottom mass 12 4/8
top mass 6 4/8

80" goat

How about we find out!

I wouldn't hesitate on that wyoming buck. I'd say he would hit 80 and more than likely at little higher. Nice mass that carries all the way, nice cutters, nice shape that curl back perfect. Plus he has that really nice black face I love on a pronghorn.

If you don't want him let me know because I would be glad to take him out of the gene pool.

Good luck.

Ive always found it easier to measure once its on the ground...so Id say shoot it, measure it...and be happy...lol

Sweet buck! I don't think he's quite 80...I'd say 79. But what do I know? I'd prolly shoot him, though.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back