Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hello From Virginia

Welcome from West Virginia.

To break into hunting the West, you could visit your daughter in May or September and add a spot and stalk bear hunt to your trip.
That's a great idea! Unfortunately, she's decided to move back here. I'm going out to help her late August. I keep trying to talk her into staying. She misses being close to family. However, she's a Glacier NP junkie. Her sisters and I think she'll be wanting to go back after one summer here.

Welcome to HT. I lived in Roanoke a little while now west of there in God's country. I saw a few nice bucks while running around Potts mountain while up there way back.
I spend a lot of time at the Potts Slope shooting range. Love these mountains and deer hunting here. Abingdon is a nice area. My daughter in Montana graduated from Emory & Henry. I used to groundhog hunt a big farm near there. Covered in houses now. Have hunted Clinch Mtn WMA before. Considering doing it again this year. Would be camping several days. Any experience with Clinch Mtn?

Welcome, I own land up the road from you in Bath and Alleghany Va.
Thanks. I have hunted spring gobbler in Goshen WMA and scouted Highland WMA year before last. Was thinking of scouting Highland again and some NF up that way this fall. Any experience with either? The NF around here is pretty crowded.

Welcome! I have two kids in college at Washington & Lee. I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Wow, two at once! Lexington is a nice town. I put two thru at the same time, also... twice! James Madison, Longwood, Emory & Henry, and Mary Washington.
I was stationed at Ft Meade on two occasions. I really enjoyed my time there. I especially remember a camping trip to the western mountains, hiking at Catoctin Mountain and Cunningham Falls, and an airshow on the Eastern Shore.

I spend a lot of time at the Potts Slope shooting range. Love these mountains and deer hunting here. Abingdon is a nice area. My daughter in Montana graduated from Emory & Henry. I used to groundhog hunt a big farm near there. Covered in houses now. Have hunted Clinch Mtn WMA before. Considering doing it again this year. Would be camping several days. Any experience with Clinch Mtn?
Lots of Experience there haven't shot many deer but I'm picky most years and let them walk. Lots of bear in there can be hit or miss with acrorn crop.

Thanks. I have hunted spring gobbler in Goshen WMA and scouted Highland WMA year before last. Was thinking of scouting Highland again and some NF up that way this fall. Any experience with either? The NF around here is pretty crowded.
I’m sorry I haven’t hunted any of those areas.

Back