Hello from "The Land that shall not be named"

Welcome. Plenty of good Californians here, and many ex- Californians. Which part of the state are you from?

Howdy
Welcome. Plenty of good Californians here, and many ex- Californians. Which part of the state are you from?
I'm in a little town on 80 about an hour west of Reno called Colfax up in the mountains.
Never thought we'd leave but the homeless BS, firearm restrictions and cost of living drove our decision.
All the fires due to mismanagement and other stuff was the icing.
I wanted to go to Wyoming (Ten Sleep) where I go every October for two weeks and have for the last 32 years but my wife wanted to be 45 minutes from a major hospital.
She found Malad.
Everybody has been great after they know we like guns and freedom and want to escape the BS here.
It's hard to come back to this shit pit.

Just introducing myself.. My name is Robert and I am from Commifornia (please don't hold that against me!). I slang boxes for a living with big brown. When I am not chasing stripers and dino fish, I hunt coastal blacktail/ mule deer hybrids in the Sierra Mtns. I've hunted Idaho in the past, but haven't been back since '07. Son and I are finally making a long awaited return to Idaho.. It was a circus to say the least yesterday purchasing nonresi tags online, but we finally got thru....Unit 20.......Don't know jack squat about unit except it's huge wilderness areas (hardly any roads), steep hard terrain. Might start a new thread to seek advice from members. Not looking for anyone's honey hole, but I am having a hard time even finding roads that lead up tp the wilderness trailheads. Anyways, glad to be part of the forum!
Hello from Commifornia as well!

Please don't judge, East Bay.. Yea that's across from SF.. I am a God fearing, pro life, 2nd amendment loving, marriage is between a man and a woman right AF conservative man... Complete opposite from the majority of the weirdos around here...Sorry first and last time I'll mention politics here, it's a hunting forum... If you believe this was not politically correct, well 🖕😎

Please don't judge, East Bay.. Yea that's across from SF.. I am a God fearing, pro life, 2nd amendment loving, marriage is between a man and a woman right AF conservative man... Complete opposite from the majority of the weirdos around here...Sorry first and last time I'll mention politics here, it's a hunting forum... If you believe this was not politically correct, well 🖕😎
There's a few of us.
Your in a more challenging spot than myself.
Best

Welcome. I always get a cringe of resentment when I hear derogatory names for CA. I think back to pre-1984 when I lived down amongst the masses. I'll guess it has changed drastically since then, in fact I actually hate going to town. We are South of Livermore about 35 miles and my nearest neighbor is around a mile away.

Welcome. I always get a cringe of resentment when I hear derogatory names for CA. I think back to pre-1984 when I lived down amongst the masses. I'll guess it has changed drastically since then, in fact I actually hate going to town. We are South of Livermore about 35 miles and my nearest neighbor is around a mile away.
Yea, most non-residents think that the State is full of Liberal Demorats, but the state is actually really red outside of the 2 metropolitan areas that is the SF Bay and So Cal. San Antonio Valley, Frank Raines OHV? We used to wheel there all the time.

Don't sweat living in Ca. Through natural selection, you have survived extreme anti-hunting conditions that would kill the spirit of most hunters. You should be proud! Most easterners couldn't handle the western draw quota point system and few hunters period could survive California hate towards hunting and anything gun related. Hunters from CA that are able to maintain their enthusiasm for hunting have my utmost respect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back