Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hello From Northern California

2rocky

Well since some folks I know are on the site, I figure I'll introduce myself as well. I'm a 36 year old husband and father of 3 girls 12,10 and 4. I make my living in the Animal Feed business doing nutrition and sales for the food-animal sector.

Even though I live just a couple miles from the most politically liberal county in California, I grew up hunting blacktail deer. Heading off to Idaho for college fueled my big game hunting motivation.

Right now my goal is to hunt all 11 Continental Western States + Alaska. So far I have six of those down. After that I'd like to have an elk from each of those states (2 down). I am an equal opportunity hunter with rifle or bow.

If I am not hunting, I like to ride horseback, trail run, shoot competitive archery, and support my kids' 4-H and Basketball activities. I'm also a Pope and Young Measurer since 2003.

I've enjoyed watching Randy's Adventures, and I can Identify with much of what he encounters. Keep up the good work.

Welcome to the site 2rocky.. I grew up hunting blacktails out of Lake county in the mendocino nat forest. Hunted the Muleys and hybrids all over Northern cal when they only had two tags. A general and coastal.. Those were the days. Make yourself at home and looking forward to hearing about some of your hunts.

Last edited:
Blacktails..

Thanks for the Warm Welcome guys. You Especially Nate. You are gonna have to change your handle to UTHNTR after this fall...

Here is what I grew up hunting in big drives on the CA Coast.

bucks62-1.jpg

My dad and uncle are in their late teens in this picture...

As soon as I was old enough I went with my dad running brush on the Coast. I'm about 6 or 7 here
jcm017.jpg

Started off with birds as a kid.

jcm024.jpg

I killed a few dink BT bucks growing up...Nothing spectacular. Grew up shooting a Model 64 lever action Winchester in 25-35.

jcm004_edited.jpg

jcm001.jpg

My two good bucks from HS. Nothing earth shattering but good hunts.
oct07004.jpg

Off to Idaho...

Decided to go tho University of Idaho when on the college tour, the professor I interviewed with started talking about the moose tag he had drawn. I was sold...

I got a chance to expand my hunting horizons, and even managed to get a degree in the 5 years I was there.

Hunted with a lot of fraternity brothers.

My roomates buck from the Last Week of Nov. In 1996 I think

mcneilbuck.jpg

Brought some guys from Oregon down to Mendocino County for a hog hunt. Exciting time! Bayed hog , close quarters

jcm002.jpg

I even killed my first, (and so far only) Whitetail.

wtbp19963.jpg

Once I graduated from school, I got away from hunting, as I started trying to establish my career and start a family. It was a stretch of eight years before I got to start really hunting again.

So I started shooting a bow, and applying for limited entry tags in my home state. I was lucky enough to draw a rut hunt close to home for blacktails. I arrowed my biggest blacktail yet on that hunt. 101 3/8"

PHTO0006_edited-1.jpg

He is the only Shoulder Mount in my house....
jan09004.jpg

My first elk with a bow was from an OTC unit in Oregon, on a hunt with a couple of friends.

ore06011_edited.jpg

Nice pics! My brothers and I started out with a model 64 in 30-30, awesome rifle. I grew up on the coast in Humboldt county. The old pics of yours remind me of going to my Grandpa's place with all the family there.

Well since some folks I know are on the site, I figure I'll introduce myself as well. I'm a 36 year old husband and father of 3 girls 12,10 and 4. I make my living in the Animal Feed business doing nutrition and sales for the food-animal sector.

Even though I live just a couple miles from the most politically liberal county in California, I grew up hunting blacktail deer. Heading off to Idaho for college fueled my big game hunting motivation.

Right now my goal is to hunt all 11 Continental Western States + Alaska. So far I have six of those down. After that I'd like to have an elk from each of those states (2 down). I am an equal opportunity hunter with rifle or bow.

If I am not hunting, I like to ride horseback, trail run, shoot competitive archery, and support my kids' 4-H and Basketball activities. I'm also a Pope and Young Measurer since 2003.

I've enjoyed watching Randy's Adventures, and I can Identify with much of what he encounters. Keep up the good work.

Sup brotha?

Oh brother, all we need is another CA hippy. ;-)

Nobody told me Southern CA huys were on here....Damn! :D

Thought I'd pad the Ego with another few photos. This is Dad 'n I Earlier this week..

1640898864618.png

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back