Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hello from North Carolina

NCSU_Lewis

Hey everybody, I am new to the site and wanted to start with my introduction. I am currently in school at NC State, working on my 3rd, and hopefully final.... Degree from there. I am from the central NC area originally and have grown up mostly privately land deer and terribly frustrating public land duck hunting. With a few visits and some family in the Denver area, I have really gotten the itch to get into western hunting and will hopefully move that way after school. In the meantime I hope to convince my wife to let me do an elk hunt next year. If anyone from the Raleigh or greater NC area may be around here and wants to try to go at something together, feel free to let me know! Good luck to everyone prepping for this year!

Welcome. Might not be the kind of a person a Wolf Pack grad is looking to visit with, but I know that Cornell2012 is in Chapel Hill.

Howdy from a fellow Wolfpacker. Did my UG and MS there in the early 2000s, wildlife sciences degrees - great times.

Don't live close by anymore, but welcome to the forum

Welcome from a fellow North Carolinian.
BTW, "terribly frustrating public land duck hunting", is an understatement. That has to be the toughest public land hunting (in NC anyway) that I've attempted.

I'm glad someone understands! And as is the case with public land hunters, I'm sure I'll be back out there this year wondering why I keep putting myself through it....

Tarheels are always welcome to this campfire. I lived & gratefully hunted that ground for over 30 yrs. (please send BBQ, REAL NC BBQ, not this Yankee ketchup crap :mad:)

I'm glad someone understands! And as is the case with public land hunters, I'm sure I'll be back out there this year wondering why I keep putting myself through it....

Don't ever think that public land hunting is in any way the same in western states as NC. No comparison. But, if you can kill a few ducks on NC public waters, you had yourself a great hunt.

Welcome from the Piedmont. Never hunted ducks in more than two impoundments here, never in the coastal zones, but have float hunted them in the Eastern rivers most of my life. I got spoiled hunting over dekes or lying out in corn fields when I lived in CO, but the most fun is floating narrow rivers and jump shooting them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back