MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hello From British Columbia

Sylus

Hey guys, I am new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I heard of the forum through Randy's podcast so I figured I jump on and see what it is all about!

I would consider myself a novice hunter, but I don't plan to stay that way for long. I hunt black bear every spring and most of my fall is spent chasing Mule Deer. As of late, however, I have really been bitten by the mountain hunting bug with my primary interest being Mountain Goat. In addition to hunting I am an experienced fly fisherman and dabble in endurance running. I look forward to getting to know the Hunt Talk community!

Cheers, Sylus

P.S. If any of you guys have questions about hunting in BC, Canadian Gun laws or anything Canada related don't hesitate to fire me a PM!

Great introduction and thanks for signing up. Hope to hear more of your stories and see your pics. Be careful offering BC hunting tips to this crowd; you might end up with a house full of strangers. :eek:

Welcome.

How long does someone have to live in BC before they are considered a resident hunter?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome.

How long does someone have to live in BC before they are considered a resident hunter?

Bambistew, here is the definition of a BC resident taken from the Ministry of Environment's website:

(a) a person who
is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, whose only or primary residence is in British Columbia, AND
has been physically present in British Columbia for the greater portion of each of 6 calendar months out of the 12 calendar months immediately preceding the date of making an application under this Act or doing another thing relevant to the operation of this Act,

OR

(b) a person who
is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, but whose only or primary residence is in British Columbia, AND
has been physically present in British Columbia for the greater portion of each of the 12 calendar months immediately preceding the date of making an application under this Act or doing another thing relevant to the operation of this Act.

Last edited:
Welcome! Your providence is very beautiful and I look forward to hunting it again. Left a huge billie on the mountains east of Prince George. Mountain hunts are certainly something special and yes addictive. Good huntin'

Welcome! Your providence is very beautiful and I look forward to hunting it again. Left a huge billie on the mountains east of Prince George. Mountain hunts are certainly something special and yes addictive. Good huntin'

Thank you! Oh man, sounds like there is a story there that needs telling :D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back