Helicopter Landing in the Bob Marshall Wilderness

sapperJ24

Thought some of you might be interested in this ongoing investigation.

Initial story: https://hungryhorsenews.com/news/2020/may/28/forest-service-investigating-helicopter-10/

And follow-up: https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...cle_7c8a6dc1-d98d-5dae-9c85-84fca09ef6ef.html

“We briefly stopped ... in a location we believed to be outside the wilderness boundary. We made a mistake understanding our surroundings and we sincerely apologize.”

If it isn't clear in the articles, they were about 10 miles inside the wilderness. Just doin' a little early season fishing...

If they thought they were outside the boundary they would have only been a minute's flight to Meadow Creek since the boundary is less 2 miles away. Bald face liars is all they are. They expected nobody to be around this early and got caught. I want the FS to toss the books at them but I know the FS isn't going to. I hope the FAA gets involved.

Keep politics out of it.

I hope they get prosecuted to the full extent possible.
No thanks......I see it everyday here in CO with the same ilk from California. Those folks come to places here in the west to get away from the cesspools they have created. Then they bring the same policies and attitudes that led to those shizz shows.....including the belief that money allows them to do as they please. Want to bet on whether or not they face anything other than a small fine due to their multitudes of NY attorneys?

No thanks......I see it everyday here in CO with the same ilk from California. Those folks come to places here in the west to get away from the cesspools they have created. Then they bring the same policies and attitudes that led to those shizz shows.....including the belief that money allows them to do as they please. Want to bet on whether or not they face anything other than a small fine due to their multitudes of NY attorneys?
Very sad......but also, very true!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back