Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Headlamps

You buy a couple spares, once. Rocket science. Does anybody out there who has used these, believe a AA or AAA battery is better for some reason?

I have 3 Fenix, been my go to lamps, and no I don't believe AA or AAA is better for any reason whatsoever. Also own Black Diamond and Petzel's which are good lamps but I've retired to the junk drawer and around the house/barn use.

This year I did buy a Peax equipment headlamp to try out, mostly because of the 3 levels of Red light it has, I was very impressed with this headlamp. If you like using a red light but can't seem to find a bright red light, the Peax fixes that!

Fenix or the Peax are my choices for a lamp hands down.

And as far as the accidental on, it's so simple to just unscrew an end cap half way when not in use and move on.

I have 3 Fenix, been my go to lamps, and no I don't believe AA or AAA is better for any reason whatsoever. Also own Black Diamond and Petzel's which are good lamps but I've retired to the junk drawer and around the house/barn use.

This year I did buy a Peax equipment headlamp to try out, mostly because of the 3 levels of Red light it has, I was very impressed with this headlamp. If you like using a red light but can't seem to find a bright red light, the Peax fixes that!

And as far as the accidental on, it's so simple to just unscrew an end cap half way when not in use and move on.
You can essentially buy the Peax from different retailers for significantly less money. They’re basically just putting there logo on a Chinese headlamp

Anyone have a headlamp brand that doesn’t always turn on in your pack? Tired of pulling my headlamp out to dead batteries because the button got pushed
Ledlenser make some really good ones. Batteries and rechargeable alike.

Where did you guys find out Black Diamond headlamps have a lock function? The instructions?

Nerds.
Naw, I’m not that smart. There’s a picture of a lock next to the power button.

Also, after deer season I’ll second Black Diamond. Was helping my Dad get back in the truck at the end of the day and didn’t realize my headlamp fell off. Came back the next morning and saw something shiny in the parking area. It was my headlamp in a couple of pieces after getting run over. Put it back together and held down the button for a bit and there was light.

Since I’m afraid of the dark, I leave my fenix on all night in my tent on the low flood setting. For a week plus and doesn’t phase the battery level.

That’s not BS. Maybe the afraid of the dark part is

I was coming down a mountain road years ago and picked up an out of state hunter that had been walking down the road for a mile or so when I met him. I gave him a ride a mile or so further down to his camp and dropped him off. He was wearing coveralls and had no pack. The next day in the back of my pickup I found a 3-d cell mag light. The thing weighs a couple of pounds, but it doubles as bear protection. It is brighter than a big candle. He must have carried it in the pocket of his coveralls.

Since I’m afraid of the dark, I leave my fenix on all night in my tent on the low flood setting. For a week plus and doesn’t phase the battery level.

That’s not BS. Maybe the afraid of the dark part is
If you aren’t afraid of the dark, do you leave the light on in case a yoga hippie chick is lost in the woods?

This thread has me wanting to try out a rechargeable, specifically the Fenix. I’ve been using the cheap headlamps from Walmart for years without problem. I bought my wife a Petzl for like $80 and it died after one season. I’m sure it was a fluke but was still a letdown.

I carry chemlights for nightlights; attracts yoga hippie girls like moths to a flame.

One more time here. I’ve had a couple black diamonds, Princeton tech, and literally more than a dozen pretzels… I’m not commenting without having used them,

Look no further than this right here..

Out of stock, bummer

Out of stock, bummer
I've got this one. Essentially the same. The -T has another 100 lumens but only roughly half the runtime at the lower/mid levels. You won't be able to tell the 2 apart. If you don't like the top strap, just take it off. That's what I did.

You finally sold me on it @Greenhorn

I didn't pull the trigger last year, but decided when it popped up back in stock today I should just get it.

For now, appreciate the suggestion. :p

Being serious has anyone else used Peax? Does the Peax lock? Only $75 I think and back in stock in the next 8 days. Less if use code gritty and can win bunch of stuff. I thought about the Peax but thought the price was crazy for a headlamp. I guess not with the Fenix. Either would be sweet for the gram on my late season backcountry marmot hunt, the only tag I have this year with New Jersey Bear on hold.😜

You can essentially buy the Peax from different retailers for significantly less money. They’re basically just putting there logo on a Chinese headlamp
Have you tried the fake ones and how did they perform? Any link?

I have had a pile of headlamps as well, currently have 3 black diamond storms of various ages… the lock button doesn’t always work, 2 of them some how got cracked in my pack and aren’t waterproof any longer, they work but I’m probably going to upgrade to the fenix @Greenhorn likes.

Back