Headlamps

One more time here. I’ve had a couple black diamonds, Princeton tech, and literally more than a dozen pretzels… I’m not commenting without having used them,

Look no further than this right here..

Sub primal.

68E14296-0F69-49DB-8454-8CF156903F93.png

One more time here. I’ve had a couple black diamonds, Princeton tech, and literally more than a dozen pretzels… I’m not commenting without having used them,

One of these is going to be on my Christmas list.

Well this just costs me some $! Thanks buddy.
Amazon has them in a kit with extra battery.

What's the advantage of a rechargeable?
Uhh, you can recharge it!

It's nice to know that you're going out with a fully charged headlamp when you head into the woods. Buying batteries all the time is a waste of money.

Most people carry a battery bank of some type to charge phone/garmin and ideally headlamp also. I might have to get one of these Fenix lights on the Christmas list this year! I have a black diamond now that I like, and have never had an issue with it turning on in my pack. A good headlamp has infinite uses.

You buy a couple spares, once. Rocket science. Does anybody out there who has used these, believe a AA or AAA battery is better for some reason?

My Black Diamonds have a lock function. Hold the powered button for 5 seconds and it locks until you hold it again for 5.
This

I also got the ultralight and rechargable 330 biolite and it's lock function works well

I'm getting a Nightcore 2000 lumen shortly for a bright option, sometimes 330 isn't enough but don't have it yet

I have had a Black Diamond with a lock feature for years. It always stays home. The stupid thing won't come off lock half the time when I need it. So I end up standing around in the dark cussing and swearing at my headlamp. There is something wrong with it and honestly I don't find it all that bright when it does actually work.

Pretty sure I am getting the Fenix one for x-mas so looking forward to that.

pretty hot on those costco duracell headlamps after my last petzl fully bit the dust.

pretty fricken cost effective, just like those athlon spotters GH ;)

can wear all three of em at one time and be like a walking airport beacon for a mere 24 dollars

$105 for a headlamp? $20 for a spare battery? Holy moly, no thanks. I can buy 6 headlamps (3 pack for $15 on sale) with batteries and a huge pack of batteries (48 pack for $19) for around $50. Will last me and my 3 kids for years. No way am I going to try and keep track of my kids rechargeable battery status after forking over $500 for headlamps. No way is that a money saver unless you use yours every day (well, night I guess!). I hope everyone finds one that they like under their Christmas tree this year!

$105 for a headlamp? $20 for a spare battery? Holy moly, no thanks. I can buy 6 headlamps (3 pack for $15 on sale) with batteries and a huge pack of batteries (48 pack for $19) for around $50. Will last me and my 3 kids for years. No way am I going to try and keep track of my kids rechargeable battery status after forking over $500 for headlamps. No way is that a money saver unless you use yours every day (well, night I guess!). I hope everyone finds one that they like under their Christmas tree this year!
I've no doubt the Walmart 3 pack is the option for you.

Next up, MNElkNut on boots, backpacks, and elk cartridge advice..

How do people function with these rechargeable things?

Anyone have a headlamp brand that doesn’t always turn on in your pack? Tired of pulling my headlamp out to dead batteries because the button got pushed
Any models that have a dial (versus a button) will do. They nearly always have a clicking-lock on the dial that resists turning the unit on unintentionally.

I've been through a pile of headlamps and am moving to rechargeable. I currently have 3 or 4 Black Diamond and 2 Petzles, plus a bunch of Energizer, and other "cheap" variants. The BD have all been turned on inadvertently in my pack even when locked. I swap a battery to avoid it, but the contacts will bend and get lose, the buttons on 2 of the BD work or don't work some times. Fenix is at the top of the list for a backpack/nice headlamp. They seem very well made. Coast and Milwaukee are on the list as well.

I probably have a 2 dozen headlamps floating around of various makes. I actually just bought half a dozen cheap rechargeable headlamps off Amazon for around the house, walking dogs, skiing, kids etc. So far they seem to be fine for that use. We use headlamps every day in the winter. I also switched to rechargeable lithium ion AA and AAA batteries to run older headlamps and other things a while ago. They cost like 2-3x as much as alkaline, but last 200x longer. I'm not sure why alkaline batteries are still made, to be honest. The amount of waste, vs basically zero recycling of them is stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back