Yeti GOBOX Collection

Headed to K-state

smalls

T-24 hours until I pack up the family and we head to Kansas State for the season opener against your defending national champion NDSU Bison. Section 17 Row 34 with my wife along with my 5- and 3-year old daughters.

Am I expecting a win... can't go that far. Do I think we can play with them, I certainly think so. My biggest concern is dealing with their O-line, considered as one of the best in the country. They have some gelling to do on defense as they replaced nearly the whole squad and obviously Klein graduated, but skill-position wise they are still strong.

I'm awaiting commentary from Wyo556...

I'll be there as well! I'm a Bison fan but I don't think they will match up with the athletes of Kstate. It will be close and partly cause Bill only shows the bare min. to win the early non conference games.

Lets just hope they can pull out the upset like a few year back again Kansas.

Gonna be blisteringly hot temps in the stands and on the field. The new addition to the stadium will put the field into shade much earlier in the afternoon/evening.

There isn't any better "game atmosphere" in the Big 12 or anywhere else for that matter than Snyder Family Stadium when the students/fans are rocking the Wabash Cannonball!

Haven fun on your trip. Should be great to see the new addition in person. I've seen some pics and it looks pretty nice. KSU will probably be a much better test than KU was a few years ago. Even without Klien they have some pretty good QB's. The fans there are great so I'm sure you will have a good time tailgating before the game.

I will be there as well. I am expecting to see quite a bit of yellow in the stands. First game of the season... anything can happen. I think 9 of their 11 on D are new starters this year.

As a KU grad, I can attest that the Wildcats are always tough at home , and they have great fans. Kansas dove season opens Sept. 1, and the weather sounds appropriate.

Gonna be blisteringly hot temps in the stands and on the field.

This is what worries me with the two young' ens. Looks like a triple digit day tomorrow although the sun should be going down just after kickoff with the 7:30 game time.

Prior to ever playing a snap, this could be the best team NDSU has ever fielded with an abundance of experience and surprising level of talent. Losing our best D-lineman to suspension (DUI over the summer) is definitely going to hurt us, although we run a deep rotation at the d-line and our ends are quite solid. Our D-backs are quite good and we have a safety returning after being injured all of last season who is a very adept at making big plays and hitting hard. I hope we get to see him lay the wood to that behemoth of a TE that K-State uses.

On offense, we're not fancy. An offensive line that has dominated nearly every team they've played over the last couple of years. Talented running backs that protect the ball and a QB who has continued to do everything he's needed to win. Expect Jensen to call his own number on 3rd and short in high pressure situations. WR is probably the weakest unit on the field for us.

Snyder is known as having great special teams.. I hope we kick the ball out of the endzone and punt to the corners.

My son, "Kanasson" on HuntTalk, won't be able to go to the game as he is an RA in his dorm and drew the short straw for the first home game. FoxSports 1 will broadcast the game in our region. Seems like folks around here are aware how dangerous this Bison team can be.

The Bison came into the Fort, and rolled over the Rams. Snyder betta have the boys ready.
I was really impressed with how well the Bison traveled. Great group of fans!

Two things you can be sure of: Synder will have his team ready no matter who they are playing and that stadium will be jam packed with purple no matter who they play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back