Headed to K-state

nice win by the Bison. Embarass the heck out of KSU the night they unveil a statue of football yoda and thier new addition. Now both Kansas schools have lost to a FCS team in recent history just like Colorado. Just terrible when you think about all the advantages they have including cash, facilities, coaches salaries, etc...

I hate it as a Big 12 fan but the Bison got it done in front of 50k +. Big win for the program.

That was amazing.
Yes it was. That is the best win in the history of NDSU IMO.

Interesting fact:
Since 2010 NDSU has more wins against BCS confernece teams (3 KU, Minnesota, and KSU) than KU does (2 Ga Tech, and Colorado) and NDSU owns the head to head.

As a UND fan, I hate to say it but it was a great win for the Bison.

More than one FCS school put on a show. I think I saw that 8 FCS schools knocked off FBS opponents. mtmuley

Prior to ever playing a snap, this could be the best team NDSU has ever fielded with an abundance of experience and surprising level of talent. Losing our best D-lineman to suspension (DUI over the summer) is definitely going to hurt us, although we run a deep rotation at the d-line and our ends are quite solid. Our D-backs are quite good and we have a safety returning after being injured all of last season who is a very adept at making big plays and hitting hard. I hope we get to see him lay the wood to that behemoth of a TE that K-State uses.

On offense, we're not fancy. An offensive line that has dominated nearly every team they've played over the last couple of years. Talented running backs that protect the ball and a QB who has continued to do everything he's needed to win. Expect Jensen to call his own number on 3rd and short in high pressure situations. WR is probably the weakest unit on the field for us.

Snyder is known as having great special teams.. I hope we kick the ball out of the endzone and punt to the corners.

Although I don't claim to be a great football mind...

- Heagle crushed K-States TE Trujillo in the 3rd quarter (granted the cats went on to score on the next play on the Sams rush).

- Running backs protecting the ball with 215 yards on the ground and zero fumbles

- In the biggest spots Jensen put the team on his shoulders, the kid is a winner.

- We pooched almost every kickoff to keep it away from the talented KSU returners essentially conceding field position between the 30-40 yardline on kickoffs. Punts were deep and to the corners with not a single punt returnable.

K-State fans were very welcoming and gracious aside from a few db kids that harassed us as we walked back to our tailgate lot. The atmosphere was fairly flat, as this was a non-conference game and aside from a few flashes NDSU controlled the tempo of the game. It was nice of the folks in Manhattan to celebrate our victory with a fireworks show (part of the dedication of the remodeled stadium).

I don't think K-State is going to be particularly bad this season. Maybe not Big 12 champs, but they played a fairly mistake free game and their D-line has some gelling to do. This game as well as some of the other FCS upsets further proves to me that the gap isn't as wide between our level of football and the non-superelite programs in the country. There are several FCS conferences that are likely every bit as good as the MWC/MAC/Sunbelt, etc.

The only bad part about winning this game is that the spotlight gets a bit brighter on our coaching staff. It's hard to imagine that we don't get raided at this point.

I was there and I was amazed at the level of sportmanship on both sides. K State fans could have been hostile and sore losers but they were very nice and we all had a good time in Aggieville.

I was there and I was amazed at the level of sportmanship on both sides. K State fans could have been hostile and sore losers but they were very nice and we all had a good time in Aggieville.

The first victory over Nebraska (Snyder 1.0) the fans were VERY POOR winners...... Just not yet used to winning. Coach Snyder really took the fans to task for that and things seemed to have settled down after that.

Had a great time at the game. K-state fans were great. Aggieville was a lot of fun. Had a bunch of compliments from their fans about our team and the way our fans travel.

I Bill-lieve this is genuine and a reflection of the character of Coach Snyder. A letter he sent to Bison QB after last weeks game

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back