HB0200 - Nonresident hunting licenses-application fees

midwesthunter

Can someone help explain this one? Wyoming has a 60/40 split for non residents regular fee vs special tag fee.

The bill talks about raising fees on 40% of the tags but the bill list current fees that don't match what's on WY game and fish?

Special licenses are 40% of the nr total.

The special license is a combination of the regular license plus an "additional special licensee fee"

For Elk, $1258 + $707 (the $707 is the regular license plus app fee)

" ........ The following fees shall be collected by the department and are in addition to the nonresident license fee for the appropriate big game species imposed under subsection (j) of this section and the application fee imposed under subsection (e) of this section:

(i) Nonresident elk license ...... $576.00 $1,258.00 in addition to the license fee imposed under paragraph (j)(xix) of this section;

(ii) Nonresident deer license .... $288.00 $826.00 in addition to the license fee imposed under paragraph (j)(xv) of this section;

(iii) Nonresident antelope license ..... $288.00 $874.00 in addition to the license fee imposed under paragraph (j)(xxxi) of this section. ...."

Special licenses are 40% of the nr total.
Special licenses fees are "in addition to" the regular price license fees, as noted in the Bill.
So if I read it correctly and only refer to Deer, Elk, and Antelope. Elk special fee isn't changing, just deer and antelope?

I have to ask purely bc I'm having trouble grasping the seriousness of this....
So in total special draw I can expect to pay $1834 just for the tag? Don't call me Shirley.....

Wyoming isn't calling you Shirley just the people that are wealthy enough to pay and let this i see your raise and I raise my NR fee _____ continue. Problem is too many people want to go/pay and not enough tags plus silly point schemes that just allow apply everywhere for everything. Pay to play wyoming new mexico it doesn't end.

Supply and demand I guess. Someone mentioned that their explanation was to match what other states are charging, which just does not make sense, as it would make these tags some of the costliest tags in the west. They have the right to do what they want, but call it what it is, just taking advantage of the supply and demand gap. or Inflation. Just sucks for some of us blue collar folk.

Back