HB 505 - Elk Need Your Help

I heard back from mine directly (Rep. Carlson), I've never met her but she lives about a block away. She said she checked with several folks this morning, and there was no plan to blast. Said she would keep an eye out for it and get caught up on the amendments.

So I did just catch this on a buddy's FB (that's Facebook, Ben Lamb would of course know this) page. It really comes down to BHA and whether or not they have it on solid information or not. It could be possible I suppose that Galt is working in the background to try to get the 3/5ths he needs, but I would think those efforts would quickly be seen/heard to the point that the reps everyone has engaged would say that they're hearing it.1616521184481.png

I heard back from mine directly (Rep. Carlson), I've never met her but she lives about a block away. She said she checked with several folks this morning, and there was no plan to blast. Said she would keep an eye out for it and get caught up on the amendments.
Nice. I sent her an email as well well.
My guess is that if enough opposition comes in a blast motion might never officially have existed.
I don’t think it hurts to respectfully alert our representatives that we are still engaged and ready to oppose even more emphatically if a dead bill doesn’t stay dead.

What kind of magic bullet does it take to kill a zombie bill?🤔😁

No one's life, liberty, property or wildlife is safe when the legislature is in session.

Sine Die is when all things die. I was looking up a bill from 2013 earlier today, and the official description of the bill's current situation it said "probably dead."

Nice. I sent her an email as well well.
My guess is that if enough opposition comes in a blast motion might never officially have existed.
I don’t think it hurts to respectfully alert our representatives that we are still engaged and ready to oppose even more emphatically if a dead bill doesn’t stay dead.

Let's hear a word from our sponsor...... "Nosler Accubond bullets. Good for hunting and good for slaying zombie bills. Use promo code randy to get 10% off your purchase today". ...and now back to our show.

Last edited:
I too wrote Rep. Carlson HD69. Her reply:

Hi Luke

Thanks for your email. I have spent some time this morning asking the sponsor and some committee members, and they do not know of any plan to blast this bill out of committee.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this

Rep Carlson

I too wrote Rep. Carlson HD69. Her reply:

Hi Luke

Thanks for your email. I have spent some time this morning asking the sponsor and some committee members, and they do not know of any plan to blast this bill out of committee.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this

Rep Carlson
This is cool. Looks like either the intel was bad or they changed their minds. The great thing about this is the relationships we are building with these legislators. A very smart person once told me, "By the time you figure out you need the relationships, it is way too late to build them." Let's keep building them.

This is cool. Looks like either the intel was bad or they changed their minds. The great thing about this is the relationships we are building with these legislators. A very smart person once told me, "By the time you figure out you need the relationships, it is way too late to build them." Let's keep building them.
No doubt. I thanked her for being so proactive and looking into this. Hopefully good relationships with sportsmen will go along way when the day comes where one of these bills makes it to the floor for a vote.

Man u would think they would be smart enough to try to pass good bills for all. Public, private, non resident. Like obviously the mule deer in mt are treated like gophers. Sad but it would take residents including myself not hunting every year for mulies. Never killed one myself so not that hard to wait ti draw one if so. Never seen one big enough. But how often do people shoot a muley. Just the mass of hunters take a toll.

Elk yes thriving by objective which is bs. But just throwing it out there again elimate spike hunting in trophy units give out more tags for bull permits. Give the landowners there tag. Based off science.

Moose the wolves kicking there ass. Good luck

Bighorn sheep. Plenty of units to transplant them. More opportunities

More than likely more good ideas out there.

Worst of all are people that say they are meat hunters. Then they go out and shoot a dinky muley and post it on facebook. Lol

I really don't know who/how MTBHA is getting their rumors but if this is going to be revisited tomorrow, I would suggest hammering the Western MT reps on the committee. They seem more likely to vote this down than the large ranch owner reps from the east side. Specifically thinking Loge (St Regis) and Duram (Eureka). Here's their cell phone numbers, way better than email IMHO.

Loge = (406) 649-2398
Durham = (406) 471-2356

Last edited:
Here's a link to a letter a coalition of sporting groups sent to the House FWP committee today:

Very well written. Great job getting all those groups on there as well. I'm sure that was a ton of work.

Worst of all are people that say they are meat hunters. Then they go out and shoot a dinky muley and post it on facebook. Lol
Yeah, those big stinky bucks are SO much better eating. Pfft. The forked horns that are smart enough to avoid getting shot are the ones that have best genes for the herd. Cultivated high fence horny things not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back