PEAX Equipment

Have you ever been accused of..

There's a spot on a ridge adjacent to the one I hunt where I glass for deer and turkeys. Some of it just sold and they're building a house and barn, they planted a big row of trees just to obstruct the view.

Greenhorn, wear a hat made of tin foil, and tell him you are looking for aliens. Then hold up 4 fingers in Spock-like "V" symbol and ask him to take you to his spaceship (but you must do it without laughing).

Last edited:
On Thursday, I was surveying 140 acres of farmland for my client, that he has under contract for purchase, when seven employees of a neighboring commercial agricultural operation confronted and surrounding me, accused me of trespassing on their land, demanded I leave it, and when I refused, accused me of being the one the night prior that snuck into their operation, and stole a generator and some copper wire. They demanded to know who I was working for, and refused to believe that the ground I was standing on, and that they were trespassing on, was not owned by the company they work for. One of these individuals represented himself as a manager. They then went around and placed gate posts and chains on the roads on my clients property as I was working on it.
Since it was an ALTA survey, I must note the encroachments, which will likely result in title insurance objections and then communications from seller attorney to neighbor attorney and a whole can of worms being opened. All because a mob of belligerent pricks thought that a fine looking young gentleman such as myself, with all my teeth, a collared shirt, a bunch of survey equipment, maps, and a band new pickup truck was a copper wire theiving trespasser. Lmao.
All your teeth and a new truck? Just remember.
28EF200B-0875-49BC-8B99-1A96814A2471.jpeg

Sounds like a stretch to false imprisonment if they restricted your ability to leave. I worked with a couple survey crews around here cutting dozer lines through rough country. It bothered me that they could walk all over other people's property to take shots and drive marker stakes. There was no gps stuff then. I was told by head survey dude that they had "surveyors right of trespass".
I guess someday you'll want your property surveyed for a sale. You'll want the work done sooner than later. I look on it like the guys/gals delivering the mail or checking my meter. If walking on my property is part of their job, I'm not objecting. They've got bills to pay and doing an honest days work, not sitting on welfare or stealing stuff. Good for you, buddy!

Thankfully most of our place is surveyed . We had a couple corners and a lot line in question. The surveyors came out and set up a GPS transponder in the yard and took the gizmo thing and walked right up to the corners that we couldn't find. The marks were there, we just couldn't find them. They laid out our eastern line over a half mile and left all in less than a half a day. I was impressed with everything but the price. I guess all the whiz bang gps stuff ain't cheap.

We are very remote. How exactly would you react if unknowns were shining spotlights across your property? Homes generally can't be seen from roadways in the daylight. Forget about seeing anything at night. There's no law enforcement of any kind within 2 hours. If you spotlight me , I'm going to send out a couple warning shots. They got a valid warning. It hasn't happened again
My cousin in his 20's was calling coyotes on his grandfather's ranch and adjacent ranches. Shining spotlights from the road. Yes loaded weapons in the vehicles... County sheriff deputies lit them up cuffed them and took them to town. my Great uncle went to bail them out and gave the deputies the tongue lashing of their life. Charges were never filed but the story still gets repeated at family gatherings....

My cousin in his 20's was calling coyotes on his grandfather's ranch and adjacent ranches. Shining spotlights from the road. Yes loaded weapons in the vehicles... County sheriff deputies lit them up cuffed them and took them to town. my Great uncle went to bail them out and gave the deputies the tongue lashing of their life. Charges were never filed but the story still gets repeated at family gatherings....
Growing up in a small predominantly farm & ranch community had it's perks...when we got stopped without a weapon in the rear window rack, the leo's loaned us one.

Last edited:
Back