Have you ever been accused of..

When I was a young lad, I walked up to my favorite fishing spot to find a handful of high school girls skinny dipping. I think I might have been 13-14 at the time, and didn’t know what to do so I started fishing anyway.
They got mad and left.

So much for trying out that Norris Road elk hunt next year. Now I'm too scared I'd be accused of being a peeping Tom!

Here's a flip side to that. I was coming in late one night and a few miles down the road I see spotlights scanning the hillside. I get closer and there's a blacked out pickup and they shut the spot lights off as I get closer. Now a total black out. I slowed and then stopped when my lights lit them up. There's 2 really cute little gals inside. I roll down my window and told them it's a good way to get shot. They got all panicked and say they’re with Fish and Game! They’re counting deer. I told them it didn't matter who they were that people around here don't take kindly to people sneaking around in the middle of the night spotlighting.
Please do not shoot at the biologists and/or techs.

I was out collecting materials for a college dendrology class once and got picked up by the cops who thought I was their perp and who brought me to the site of a nearby flasher incident about a mile away for a one-man lineup. Thank GOD the victims were able to confirm it wasn't me from my clothing. The cops said I matched the initial description (tall guy in shorts and a baseball hat or something basic like that) but I think the real reason they put me in the car was my obviously false (to them) excuse that I was just out collecting acorns. “Who the f goes around collecting acorns” they must have thought. 🤣🤣🤣

I agree about not shooting the bio’s, but they could have notified landowners and neighbors what they were doing. I’d be pretty suspicious if I seen a truck doing that too.
Got a call one night that someone was wandering around on our land in the dark with a flashlight. I go out there to find it’s the biologist tracking a swift fox. Told her a heads up next time would be great

Why would they get shot?
We are very remote. How exactly would you react if unknowns were shining spotlights across your property? Homes generally can't be seen from roadways in the daylight. Forget about seeing anything at night. There's no law enforcement of any kind within 2 hours. If you spotlight me , I'm going to send out a couple warning shots. They got a valid warning. It hasn't happened again

On Thursday, I was surveying 140 acres of farmland for my client, that he has under contract for purchase, when seven employees of a neighboring commercial agricultural operation confronted and surrounding me, accused me of trespassing on their land, demanded I leave it, and when I refused, accused me of being the one the night prior that snuck into their operation, and stole a generator and some copper wire. They demanded to know who I was working for, and refused to believe that the ground I was standing on, and that they were trespassing on, was not owned by the company they work for. One of these individuals represented himself as a manager. They then went around and placed gate posts and chains on the roads on my clients property as I was working on it.
Since it was an ALTA survey, I must note the encroachments, which will likely result in title insurance objections and then communications from seller attorney to neighbor attorney and a whole can of worms being opened. All because a mob of belligerent pricks thought that a fine looking young gentleman such as myself, with all my teeth, a collared shirt, a bunch of survey equipment, maps, and a band new pickup truck was a copper wire theiving trespasser. Lmao.

On Thursday, I was surveying 140 acres of farmland for my client, that he has under contract for purchase, when seven employees of a neighboring commercial agricultural operation confronted and surrounding me, accused me of trespassing on their land, demanded I leave it, and when I refused, accused me of being the one the night prior that snuck into their operation, and stole a generator and some copper wire. They demanded to know who I was working for, and refused to believe that the ground I was standing on, and that they were trespassing on, was not owned by the company they work for. One of these individuals represented himself as a manager. They then went around and placed gate posts and chains on the roads on my clients property as I was working on it.
Since it was an ALTA survey, I must note the encroachments, which will likely result in title insurance objections and then communications from seller attorney to neighbor attorney and a whole can of worms being opened. All because a mob of belligerent pricks thought that a fine looking young gentleman such as myself, with all my teeth, a collared shirt, a bunch of survey equipment, maps, and a band new pickup truck was a copper wire theiving trespasser. Lmao.
Sounds like a stretch to false imprisonment if they restricted your ability to leave. I worked with a couple survey crews around here cutting dozer lines through rough country. It bothered me that they could walk all over other people's property to take shots and drive marker stakes. There was no gps stuff then. I was told by head survey dude that they had "surveyors right of trespass".

Sounds like a stretch to false imprisonment if they restricted your ability to leave. I worked with a couple survey crews around here cutting dozer lines through rough country. It bothered me that they could walk all over other people's property to take shots and drive marker stakes. There was no gps stuff then. I was told by head survey dude that they had "surveyors right of trespass".
It got close to holding me against my will but I wouldn’t say it ever actually crossed that line.

In Arizona, (there is a statute that addresses the specifics but it usually just takes a phone call) if land is posted we have to at least notify landowners that we are coming and comply with reasonable requirements i.e. if it’s a construction zone, you have to wear their required PPE. I never entered this other parties property at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back