Have you ever been accused of..

The Hedgehog

Being a Peeping Tom while glassing for animals?

Yesterday was my first time. Go figure.

(TF) Trustfunder guy with drives up from his mansion, 1/4 mile from where I'm parked : "What are you looking at?"
Me: "Animals over there in the mountains"
TF: "Well I don't mind you looking, but this guy building this other home might."
Me: "Is this not a public road?"
TF: "Debatable, depending on what attorney you ask."
Me: "It's a public road and I believe I'm fine here, and not messing with anything of yours or anybodys."
TF: "I have teenaged daughters and it could be construed you're looking into their windows."
TF: "But I'm a hunter too, and you seem like a decent guy, so I don't mind you looking.."
Me: "Okay nice to meet you."

I went back this AM. Going back tonight, and taking my daughter along.

Bozeman does have its fair share of ASSHOLES.

Being a Peeping Tom while glassing for animals?

Yesterday was my first time. Go figure.

(TF) Trustfunder guy with drives up from his mansion, 1/4 mile from where I'm parked : "What are you looking at?"
Me: "Animals over there in the mountains"
TF: "Well I don't mind you looking, but this guy building this other home might."
Me: "Is this not a public road?"
TF: "Debatable, depending on what attorney you ask."
Me: "It's a public road and I believe I'm fine here, and not messing with anything of yours or anybodys."
TF: "I have teenaged daughters and it could be construed you're looking into their windows."
TF: "But I'm a hunter too, and you seem like a decent guy, so I don't mind you looking.."
Me: "Okay nice to meet you."

I went back this AM. Going back tonight, and taking my daughter along.

Bozeman does have its fair share of ASSHOLES.
"I don't mind you doing this, I just drove up here to tell you that I could mind if I wanted to."

In addition to being a hunter, I am an avid birder. One of our best local hotspots is the municipal sewer treatment ponds. All kinds of good birds seen there. Immediately adjacent to the ponds is the Federal Correctional institute. I've had a couple of conversations with guards who were very polite, but very interested in why I was looking toward a federal prison with high-powered binoculars.

QQ

Here's a flip side to that. I was coming in late one night and a few miles down the road I see spotlights scanning the hillside. I get closer and there's a blacked out pickup and they shut the spot lights off as I get closer. Now a total black out. I slowed and then stopped when my lights lit them up. There's 2 really cute little gals inside. I roll down my window and told them it's a good way to get shot. They got all panicked and say their with Fish and Game! Their counting deer. I told them it didn't matter who they were that people around here don't take kindly to people sneaking around in the middle of the night spotlighting.

Back