Yeti GOBOX Collection

Havalon #70A

LuketheDog

Has anyone used the blunt-tipped #70A blades for field dressing? Usually I use the #60XT but don't necessarily need/want the pointed tip, especially when my hands are cold and more prone to an accidental poke, I tried the #22 blunt-tipped blades but they're just too short to be really effective.

Ive got a pack of the #70As, they are nice for skinning but Im partial to the normal pointed tip having used both

I quit using Havalon and their blades. Despite how lightweight they are the blades tend to break. I now pack a buck and outdoor edge with a hook, neither will break.

I bought a 100 pack of them by accident. I'm probably 1/4 of the way through the box now. They do fine, but I prefer the sharp-tipped as well.

I've broken my fair share of blades, almost always when I'm trying to use my havalon for something it wasnt designed for like cutting through ribs or putting too much side pressure into one. They dont have too much flex before they give way

I picked up some 70A blades to use this fall. The only issue I see so far is that as its a thicker blade than the 60's, it's a little tougher to get on and off. Really need to make sure that you have a pliers with you to change the blades. As LuketheDog stated if your breaking blades, then your using the knife wrong or for jobs it was not intended for.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back