Hat Thread (Not Ball caps)

Almost for got about this one , it’s a old camo boonie, one of my kids had , I’ve used it over the years , hunted some deer in it back in Oregon, and wore it recently on a few of my Montana hikes for xtra shade protection, Went through the pictures on my phone I’ve actually wore that a whole lot more than I realized over the last decade.

My 2nd Mule Deer , Eastern Or 2014
BEF8544E-EB27-4640-A060-1FB033D9505A.jpeg

Fishing the Oregon Coast 2015
72E66B41-A01F-4285-AAF2-CF7829B7E5C3.jpeg

Roosevelt Archery Elk 2019
50DFB2D4-F8D8-4329-BC96-E87B792637E3.jpeg

Hiking Montana 2022
99858DB3-A704-4A1E-873D-2A879F8184C1.jpeg

I've had a number of hats over the years that I have used for various reasons. The one that keeps coming back up is a Russian style bomber had that I wear in cold weather. Often, it actually gets paired up with another hat, particularly when I have to have orange on my head. That way I'm warm, but can shed it if I have too. It may look pretty dumb, but it has worked for quite a few hunts while I am sitting still glassing.

Attachments

• j deer.JPG
    j deer.JPG
    728.6 KB · Views: 4
  • J Duck.JPG
    J Duck.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 4
  • J utdeer.JPG
    J utdeer.JPG
    844 KB · Views: 4
I'd like to have a cool unique hat, but they're typically only cool after they age, and I can't get through the initial looking kinda stupid phase.
Just don't get one of those stiff shovel head brims. They look painful, even after a good stomping.

I had only had the newer Fedora one day and it got burn barked. Charcoal stripes.

My ex just gave me a look when I put on that 1st Fedora in a Santa Fe shop 30 years ago. "What?" ,she shook her head and that was it. I bought it. Wear that old faded sucker to this day working.
3 years ago she fessed up that I looked good in it ,but she said I have such nice hair she did not understand the hat thing......but she would harp on me having 50 grit sunblock.....which never worked for me and my skin cancers.

First hat my wife ever made. If it's not colder than 5 below it's too warm to wear it.
You need to live up to the "hot head" moto granted by your wife's creation (awesome crafted fur hugger hat, btw). Haha! Better yet, stick with your brew crafting, 'nuff hot heads out there. 🤣

I have to take some pics tomorrow.
Just thinking of the stories those hats tell.
My dad's Pith helmet. I have a pic of him somewere with him wearing it while on a camel in front of the Sphinx during R&R ,after a U-boat sunk his ship.

The Nazi helmet my uncle stole from a Hells Angel ........,after stomping his store bought kite at one of his famous Up Your Kite contests at Venice Beach. Homemade only. No store kites allowed.
I flew 40' in the air hanging on one of his huge wood & silk Geo poly designs that day.
He grabbed the helmet off the guys Harley as we were leaving @ sunset......................LOL

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back