Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Okay, So Maybe it's Not the Hat..

Gerald Martin

With Olivia's success wearing her lucky hat, my son Timothy wanted to try his luck. Unfortunately, the lucky hat that Big Fin sent him is blaze orange in color and I was highly doubtful that even Big Fin could put enough mojo in a blaze orange hat to fool a turkey's eyes. So, Timothy reluctantly hung his lucky hat back on the rack and donned one of my old camo caps. After tromping through the turkey woods picking morel mushrooms and scaring turkeys, I was able to call six jakes right past Timothy. He threaded the needle with an absolutely perfect shot at 25 yards and put his tag on the lead bird. Three pounds of mushrooms and another notched turkey tag makes for another great day in the woods with my son and my friends. Turkeys have humbled me often enough the past couple years that it would be nice to think I'm getting something figured out. :) Pretty sure I'm just doing the Merriams' gene pool a favor by eliminating the half blind dim-witted birds from the flock. Coyotes will probably get the rest of the dumb ones and I'll be back to chasing the birds with doctorate degrees in how to make a turkey hunter cry.[/ATTACH]IMG_7045.JPGIMG_8279.jpgIMG_8273.jpgIMG_8268.jpgIMG_8266.jpgIMG_8253.jpgIMG_8250.jpgIMG_8247.jpgIMG_8229.jpgIMG_8222.jpgIMG_8217.jpgIMG_8194.jpgIMG_8290.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8285.jpg
    IMG_8285.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
looks like a another very successful day! congrats. I love those mushrooms, better than anything you can get in the store!!!

Stellar work Gerald, Timothy et al. That is the cleanest plucked turkey I have ever seen.

Great story and pictures! Congrats on making wonderful memories while being outdoors with your son!

Congrats to your family and great pictures again.

Great family pictures. Thanks again for posting them. Gourmet food with red solo cups: looks like a feast to me.

Congrats to Timothy!
The Martin's are starting to make this look easy!
Life is good!

Looks like your cooking one while you got one hanging. You gotta like that. Looks like a cool table your eating on.

I didn't reply to the other thread, but congrats to both of them. Also a big congrats to you, you are doing it right. Somehow, I don't think the caps have a thing to do with either one of them.

Back