Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Hammer Bullets 12% off until July 31

118 tipped hammer or 125 tipped hammer
Barrel is 1:8. Which one would offer easier path to very good accuracy? The specs say the 125 was designed for 1:8, but maybe the 118 would be a cakewalk to get to shoot well? Dunno- just asking questions before I spend a couple hundred bucks..

Barrel is 1:8. Which one would offer easier path to very good accuracy? The specs say the 125 was designed for 1:8, but maybe the 118 would be a cakewalk to get to shoot well? Dunno- just asking questions before I spend a couple hundred bucks..
I think both will be easy to get to shoot. Hammer bullets are probably one of the easiest bullets to find a load for that I have ever messed with

Hard to go wrong with either. I’ve found Steve’s twist rate recommendations to be a little on the conservative side, so if he says 1:8 will stabilize it I think you are golden.

what should I try in a 6.5prc hunting rifle?

I know nothing about these things, and have only shot the TSX bullets in other rifles.
I’m doing the 134g power hammer in my 6.5 prc and I’m very happy. But I only ever shoot the shorter range bullets (power/shock hammers) in my guns cause I’ve never even shot a rifle over 400 yards much less shoot animals over that. Cant remember FPS exactly without notes but over 3000.
IMG_8112.jpeg

I’m doing the 134g power hammer in my 6.5 prc and I’m very happy. But I only ever shoot the shorter range bullets (power/shock hammers) in my guns cause I’ve never even shot a rifle over 400 yards much less shoot animals over that. Cant remember FPS exactly without notes but over 3000.
View attachment 285693

I've been kicking around the idea of dropping to the 110HH for my 260rem and up to the 134 or 139 shock/power for my PRC.

If I had a 6.5 PRC I would load the 118 HHT as fast as I could get it to go. mtmuley

If you order the 118 I’ll trade you a 20 pill tester pack. For science.

Is there some kind of coupon code for the 12% off during checkout? Also, are they made of copper, or gold? These are spendy bullets.

Back