Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hammer Bullets 12% off until July 31

I was looking at the Hammer site last night and discovered that I have a collector’s item — an unopened box of 30 cal 152 Hammer Hunters! They aren’t listed anymore.

Not sure why. Be a great bullet in .06. I made an inquiry. mtmuley

I thought it might be a good bullet for my Remington 700 KS in 300 RUM. It is a fairly light rifle and lighter bullets are certainly more fun to shoot in it.

I thought it might be a good bullet for my Remington 700 KS in 300 RUM. It is a fairly light rifle and lighter bullets are certainly more fun to shoot in it.
I settled, maybe on the 168. 26 inch barrel will zing that bullet. mtmuley

Not sure why. Be a great bullet in .06. I made an inquiry. mtmuley
I used them. I talked to Steve about it a couple years ago when he discontinued them. His statement was that the 152 was one of the few, if not the only, bullet to cause problems with the expansion they were looking for. Not the 137 or the 160, but the 152 specifically. For this reason, they opened the tip up to 2mm to what is now the Power Hammer with the same bearing surface.

I know I have the 152 at just over 2900 in my .3006. I had excellent penetration, with perfect fragmentation and shank retention weight of about 85 grains on the one animal I have taken. That was about 24 inches the long way through a sheep, finding the shank in the cape.

I used them. I talked to Steve about it a couple years ago when he discontinued them. His statement was that the 152 was one of the few, if not the only, bullet to cause problems with the expansion they were looking for. Not the 137 or the 160, but the 152 specifically. For this reason, they opened the tip up to 2mm to what is now the Power Hammer with the same bearing surface.

I know I have the 152 at just over 2900 in my .3006. I had excellent penetration, with perfect fragmentation and shank retention weight of about 85 grains on the one animal I have taken. That was about 24 inches the long way through a sheep, finding the shank in the cape.
Live technical talk with the manufacturer is rare. mtmuley

The 137 would really move. mtmuley
Fingers crossed I can get 3k with my dad’s M70 carbine ‘06 with them and Varget. Was getting the speed with old Federal brass, but not the accuracy.

Rifle is getting bedded and I got some Lapua brass on a bulk buy from Midway, so fingers crossed the accuracy improves with it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back