Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Gun Raffle

Hooligan

My church is having a sportsmens show (Approx 5000 attendees) and banquet (250 dinners) on June 24th to help raise money to buy equipment for an archery ministry. We want to get the younger generation involved in the outdoors, and archery is a great confidence builder and tool to reach these kids.

We will be raffling off rifles, shotguns, pistols and even a bow!! You do not not need to be present to win, tickets are $5 each, or 25 tickets for $100.

Weatherby Series 2 in .308
Savage 110 w scope .243
Savage 110 w scope 30-06
Savage 110 w scope .300 win mag
AR 15 style rifle in 22lr
Springfield XD Subcompact pistol
Winchester 870 20 Gauge
Remington 1187 in 12 gauge
Savage 17 HMR Varmint rifle
Weatherby PA 459 Home defense in 12 gauge
Bowtech Assasin package

We also will be selling exclusive tickets for a couple "premium" guns:
Kimber 8400L in .270 WSM
Remington Versamax 12 gauge

These tickets are $50 each, but we will be only selling 50 for each gun..

PM me if you would like to get some tickets!

Thanks guys, and if you can be in the McMInnville, OR area that weekend, swing by the show on Saturday from 10-5, it's free and I would love to meet you!

Hooligan, sounds like your are "clinging to your guns and to your religion";). Watch out for the black helicopters!!.......and thanks for being involved with the kids. It WILL make a difference in their lives. Well done!!

Good luck. I run an archery ministry at our local church. Must be an awfully big church/archery ministry to be raffling off that type of merchandise. I bought 5 Genesis bows, NASP targets, 60 arrows for around $800, the church congregation donate the money to pay me back through offerings. The WV Bow Hunters Association was gracious enough to let us borrow extra bows, targets and the arrow curtain. Frank Addington Jr. has been nice enough to do his archery exhibition for free to kick off our registration night. We've had around 30 kids in the past, I am praying for 50 kids this year. It starts this Wednesday night.

WV Hunter- our weekly attendance at the church is anywhere from 1100-1200 a week, so it's not a mega church, but pretty good size. We are trying to raise enough for 20 bows, target curtain, target butts, arrows, misc arm guards and tabs, arrow repair equipment and a trailer so we can take the "show on the road" so to speak to other churches in our district. Our goal is to raise enough from the gun raffle to cover that, the costs of the banquet, and hopefull put some $ into the account for "make a hunt happen" as well. Praying its a huge succeess, and I add your program to our prayer list as well!

WV Hunter- our weekly attendance at the church is anywhere from 1100-1200 a week, so it's not a mega church, but pretty good size. We are trying to raise enough for 20 bows, target curtain, target butts, arrows, misc arm guards and tabs, arrow repair equipment and a trailer so we can take the "show on the road" so to speak to other churches in our district. Our goal is to raise enough from the gun raffle to cover that, the costs of the banquet, and hopefull put some $ into the account for "make a hunt happen" as well. Praying its a huge succeess, and I add your program to our prayer list as well!

I wish we had that type of attendance. We are an older church. In our hayday we had 500+ coming. We are under 100 now. The church is located on the "west side" of Charleston, WV which is what you would expect from the term "west side". The culture has totally changed in the neighborhood but we are trying to reach the local inner city youth. We built a large gymnasium about 5 years ago instead of moving. We have tried Upward basketball as well. The archery program has been the biggest success as far as attendees that are not affiliated with the church.

I wish we had that type of attendance. We are an older church. In our hayday we had 500+ coming. We are under 100 now. The church is located on the "west side" of Charleston, WV which is what you would expect from the term "west side". The culture has totally changed in the neighborhood but we are trying to reach the local inner city youth. We built a large gymnasium about 5 years ago instead of moving. We have tried Upward basketball as well. The archery program has been the biggest success as far as attendees that are not affiliated with the church.

We are really lucky. Our church is 101 years old this year, and I do not know much about past attendance(I have only been attending for about 2 years) but our Youth department is really solid, and we really just want to get more kids in our area involved into the outdoors...and hopefully pull them into the kingdom as well!

UPDATE! Our comittee voted last night to lower the general rifle raffle tickets to $2 each (or 3 for $5)

If any of you guys want to get in on this just let me know!

Thanks!

Hey guys, have gotten a few PM's about how this thing works and its validity etc.

I replied to your individual PM's, but wanted to put them out here too. Some valid points, and if you still have a questions or concerns, please feel free to email or call me.

Money will exchanged directly through the church office. Our ministry is set up as a 501C3 charity and I will not have access to any of this $ raised. If you PM Big Fin(Randy Newberg) he can vouch for me personally. I am Kris Holcombe from Buckstop Truckwear, we are a sponsor of OYOA

Deadline to get your check into the church is Friday June 22nd, the banquet will be held on Sunday the 24th at 6 pm. Winners, if not present at the banquet, will be notified by telephone, email or PM Monday the 25th. All correspondence will be be from myself. I can be reached at 971-264-4013, or you can contact Church on the Hill at 503-472-8476. Lead Pastor is Jerry Moen, or check out www.hillchurch.com

We have 2 gun dealers that attend our church that will be handled the FFL transactions, if you cannot pick them up in person, ie out of state etc.

Thanks for cheking into this guys and gals!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back