Guiding pictures for this year so far.

nube

Here are some of my pictures of this seasons waterfowl while guiding. These are from Alberta Canada. It was a great season. Tons of birds in the area and all were happy. Life is good and I hope you enjoy the pics.
Duckseason2010202.jpg

Duckseason2010198.jpg

Duckseason2010197.jpg

Duckseason2010195.jpg

Duckseason2010192.jpg

Duckseason2010191.jpg

Duckseason2010187.jpg

Duckseason2010184.jpg

Duckseason2010183.jpg

Duckseason2010182.jpg

DSC02771.jpg

DSC02785.jpg

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02738.jpg
phototobucket.com/albums/y171/nube/Birds/DSC02822.jpg[/IMG]
DSC02827.jpg

DSC02831.jpg

So what you're saying is you pretty much struck out so far this year? :rolleyes:

I may do waterfowl for the first time this year as well. Don't know sheet about them but it looks like fun anyway.

I live in the wrong flyway!!! About the only Canadas we get any more are the resident golf course grazers, and all the mallards stop in the Chesapeake Bay area only coming further south when the flat water freezes late in the season; I'm green with envy.

I live in the wrong flyway!!! About the only Canadas we get any more are the resident golf course grazers, and all the mallards stop in the Chesapeake Bay area only coming further south when the flat water freezes late in the season; I'm green with envy.

We get a lot of hunters that come up from your neck of the woods. We have a limit of 8 dark geese 20 snows and 8 ducks a day and a possesion limit of 3 times the daily limit. That makes up for a lot of shooting. Most states don't allow for very high limits in the U.S and it is hard to find places to hunt as well by the sounds of things and that is why guys come up. Some guys say with 3 days here they shoot a whole seasons worth back home kind of thing. It is a blast to watch them get so excited about it. It's like they died and went to heaven!!

All birds are breasted and found a home. A lot of it is made into jerky and sausage and given back to the farmers and I have a lot of good friends whose families love the stuff. Easy to get rid of it all.
Glad you like the pics

Brings back fond memories when I hunted that country in the late 80's. No outfitters, no hunters, plenty of birds and we always had the Hutterites to clean and prepare the birds if we wanted.
Great array of pics, you must have pulled out prior to the bulk of the "whites" arrival........?
WD

Brings back fond memories when I hunted that country in the late 80's. No outfitters, no hunters, plenty of birds and we always had the Hutterites to clean and prepare the birds if we wanted.
Great array of pics, you must have pulled out prior to the bulk of the "whites" arrival........?
WD

Yup, things have changed. Hutterittes don't do the birds anymore since the avian bird scare thing hit. Our area is mainly big honkers, ducks and of course a mob of specs but we don't really target them unless guys want to give it a try. Most guys come for the big 12-18 pound honkers we have. It's their breeding ground as well as the ducks. Good old Pothole country.
Do you have any pictures of your past hunts? I'd love to see them if you still have them.

hey ur killing them all before we get a chance at em.....:D Awesome pics though, keep up the great hunting.... wish I could come up there a guide, that would be awesome...
Matt

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back