MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Guided or DYI?? in AZ

AZ402

Just curious if you AZ players draw out will you be guided or DYI? I think most on this board are DYI. Finding the big ones in AZ may not be as easy as advertised, you can always get lucky though. This applies to the late season hunters more than the early season hunters (Archery, Rut Rifle hunts). Also I guess "big ones" differs from person to person..........This thread is mostly for the Non-res boys.

I would DIY and rely on any info i could gather on the web. I would try and find a gay guy to perform acts of kindness on another member here named "vanilla Gorilla" to see if he would give me a few pointers.
Anyway, i only have 6 points, applying with someone with 3 points, so my odds are less i think.

Smallballs, are you applying for archery,rut rifle or the general season. Vanilla Gorilla said you are only gay if you are on the bottom..........You'll have 4 points for the draw, not bad odds considering the open pool this year.

well, my buddy with even smaller balls only wants to apply for muzz or rifle. you know who he is. I already have tags for CO and MT so i will go for the gusto in AZ. next year i will apply for Archery as a second choice.
Did they get the prices set yet??

Few of us have the money for an outfitter all at once, in one hunt, including me. I'd bet, if we had it, we spend it on that too. The first time I camped in Arizona, I saw elk but I've never hunted there, yet. It seems like it would be a good experience.

To be honest, and with only a couple of years elk experience, if I were fortunate enough to draw a premium unit Arizona tag I'd probably be very tempted to hire a guide. Would it diminish the thrill...maybe. Would it improve my odds of utilizing a once in a lifetime opportunity...definitely.

If the locals refuse to guide me out of the kindness of their hearts (for the price of some cheap beer), I'll be forced to buy a few maps, make a few phone calls, and go wander around aimlessly in the hot desert sun with my rifle or bow, hoping to get lucky. Would be fun, but drawing a permit with shitty odds isn't something I really count on any more. I have a bunch of elk, deer, and antelope points. If I draw, I suppose I'd at least drive down there and look around.

Come on, Greenie --- only "cheap" beer? Hey, WHEN you draw that archery tag, you'll find a bruiser, whichever way you go at it (it could very well be this year) ...

Lv2hnt

AZ402,

I will be going DIY if I am lucky enough to draw. My father-in-law and I both have seven bonus points. I kind of thought we might get drawn last year. Oh well. We will see what happens. Good luck to everyone applying to AZ this year.

Buschy

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back