Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

----------- guess the gross score

The Hedgehog

Looking for expert opinions on the gross score of this buck. My guide was in a hurry caring for the meat and the taxidermist I took it to was too busy to measure it. I was very happy with the hunt, my guide and the outfit I chose and I don't want any grief about it from all you mean bastards. I'm honestly not sure how/where to take the mass measurements. This will be challenging even for an official measurer, so I'm looking for your excellent feedback. It's an excellent headset holder.
F50D54CE-7555-4F95-A523-8D8441226F98.jpeg

Uh...way to go Greenie, got yourself a 4 pt. Bet you could eat a pile of rice with those chopsticks....

Looking for expert opinions on the gross score of this buck. My guide was in a hurry caring for the meat and the taxidermist I took it to was too busy to measure it. I was very happy with the hunt, my guide and the outfit I chose and I don't want any grief about it from all you mean bastards. I'm honestly not sure how/where to take the mass measurements. This will be challenging even for an official measurer, so I'm looking for your excellent feedback. It's an excellent headset holder.
View attachment 173886
That’s a damn nice pronghorn !

Great Custer buck, but what's the story behind the fur? mtmuley
The fur story is the bomb. I shot that coyote as it ran into a call, out of Yellowstone park. Called it with a remote controlled foxpro from WELL over a mile up the Gallatin inside the park, with the call setting on the concrete YNP sign south of Snowflake springs. Had to turn the call off once as a group of tourists posed in front of the sign for a group picture, unbeknownst that my call was sitting right there with them. When he crossed the marker posts I jumped out of the truck hustled to the edge of the bank and busted him with a 300 ultra mag. There's a giant hole in the hide and he's an ancient dog. I waded the river and pulled him across as an elderly couple watched in horror as they let their little lapdogs out to pee at the pullout. That is a true story.

The deer was killed on the bitterroot with a B tag in January maybe 25 years ago. I had the either sex b tag and a antlerless b tag. I was hoping for less than 4", but underjudged him and had to use the either sex tag.

Last edited:
26 3/8ths....what did I win? Edit 34 3/ths. I forgot the spread credit.

Coyote story is great. 😄

The fur story is the bomb. I shot that coyote as it ran into a call, out of Yellowstone park. Called it with a remote controlled foxpro from WELL over a mile up the Gallatin inside the park, with the call setting on the concrete YNP sign south of Snowflake springs. Had to turn the call off once as a group of tourists posed in front of the sign for a group picture, unbeknownst that my call was sitting right there with them. When he crossed the marker posts I jumped out of the truck hustled to the edge of the bank and busted him with a 300 ultra mag. There's a giant hole in the hide and he's an ancient dog. I waded the river and pulled him across as an elderly couple watched in horror as they let their little lapdogs out to pee at the pullout. That is a true story.

The deer was killed on the bitterroot with a B tag in January. I had the either sex b tag and a antlerless b tag. I was hoping for less than 4", but underjudged him and had to use the either sex tag.
Dang. The RUM is a badass underrated coyote rifle. Great buck for the Root. You're lucky to have him. Next year I bet you get a booner if you hunt the muzzy. mtmuley

Dang. The RUM is a badass underrated coyote rifle. Great buck for the Root. You're lucky to have him. Next year I bet you get a booner if you hunt the muzzy. mtmuley
The 208 AMAX is a perfect varmint round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back