Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Griz attack

Wow. It tracks him down after the first attack and attacks him again. These things are good for nothing but killing folks. But no one wants to get rid of them.
It's all just part of the adventure (I guess).

Wow. It tracks him down after the first attack and attacks him again. These things are good for nothing but killing folks. But no one wants to get rid of them.
It's all just part of the adventure (I guess).

No.

Grizzly Bears are not really good at killing.

5% of the meat comes from their own kills.

They are much better thieves of meat than killers of meat.

A lot of what they kill and eat are cubs, which is why running into sows with cubs is problematic.

We do not want to get rid of them, because we want to conserve them.

We want them to be managed like any other species and attitudes by hunters that "they are better off dead" or "we should kill them all" only add fuel to the un-delisting fire.

I saw an article in the Bugle magazine that talked about spray vs. gun. If I remember correctly they had showed based on accounts that those with a firearm where attacked 50% of the time vs those who used spray 90% avoided being attacked. I like to feel like I'm studly and all but trying to fatally hit one with a hand gun would be a chore and I would guess you would more than likely just piss it off more by hitting it. I personally feel he chose the right option. Unfortunatley he was one of the 10% based on the study.

Always good to see the animal rights folks stepping up in times of need

Are these times of need? LOL! There's like 7 billion of us.

One of the best things about grizzly bears is they keep some folks out of the woods who shouldn't be there in the first place. And those folks are usually still good advocates/constituency for the woods.

Another good thing about them, for the rest of us, they don't let us go romping around like the world has been made safe for us; like children, like ignorant, blind, self-absorbed, unaware marks, or pigeons, or fools; and like the classic "ugly American." Instead, we become sharp, focused, aware, keen, alive, respectful men (and women).

Finally, they humble. This is a good thing, in my not so humble opinion.

Harley - they don't normally kill sows reacting to a threat to her cubs. They kill ones that have attacked humans as if they were prey. I don't know why she attacked a second time. Maybe after "neutralizing" the threat the bear wandered off down the trail and he inadvertently went in the same direction and stumbled into them again. Apparently a bear attacked someone earlier up this trail so maybe they will do something different this time.

Thanks Rob....I really didn't know. I should've have rephrased the interrogative.

Are these times of need? LOL! There's like 7 billion of us.

One of the best things about grizzly bears is they keep some folks out of the woods who shouldn't be there in the first place. And those folks are usually still good advocates/constituency for the woods.

Another good thing about them, for the rest of us, they don't let us go romping around like the world has been made safe for us; like children, like ignorant, blind, self-absorbed, unaware marks, or pigeons, or fools; and like the classic "ugly American." Instead, we become sharp, focused, aware, keen, alive, respectful men (and women).

Finally, they humble. This is a good thing, in my not so humble opinion.

Idaho/ Montana should make it illegal for non residents to hunt in areas with a confirmed grizzly population.:rolleyes:

In all seriousness the guy probably pulled the trigger on the spray way too soon. Just a guess but I'd likely do the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back