Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Secret Ingredient

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Jonas how much have you had to drink?

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
Field test report! Well, more like kitchen test. Tried the grilled cheese popper thing. I used plain old white bread spread with Country Crock "butter". The worst part was spreading the softened cream cheese on the bread with the other side already buttered. I used jarred jalapeño slices and grilled it to my usual brown. I had to let it cool down quite a bit from the hot cream cheese. It wasn't horrible but not really worth the effort to me. Needed more cream cheese maybe. The lack of the crunchy batter was noticeable. The bread just didn't measure up. Overall, it was a quick and easy way to make "poppers" but didn't stand up to the real thing. Maybe cut into smaller pieces and served as a snack it would be ok but the prep was a pain.

View attachment 256332View attachment 256333
The color of toasted perfection..

@Sammich Freak from a guy named sammich freak I'd expect you to be a little more cultured. I think the bologna variety is a southern thing. Which makes sense as it comes from my grandparents on that side.

Using pickled bologna this would make this even better.

Go crazy…olive oil in the pan, sourdough…mix of 3 or 4 cheeses from the last party’s Horderves plate…maybe a slice or two of Parma prosciutto and a slice of tomato and a glass of Pinot.

Or skip the Parma, Mater, wine and get busy.

Olive oil in some cast iron, tart sourdough, three, preferably four cheeses with at least one being a very heavily aged sharp cheddar. Glass of water, three dogs at my feet and #*^@#* the hell off. I’m eating.

So I'm not going to say I don't have the time, but I'm definitely too lazy to go through and read the whole thread looking for this, but...

Has anyone here done grilled peanut butter sandwiches? Just like grilled cheese, but with peanut butter, sometimes also with jelly if I'm feeling adventurous. That's also really good

Back