Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Secret Ingredient

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Jonas how much have you had to drink?

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
Hmmm must be a Midwest thing, have never partaken nor even heard of.
But fried bologna with spicy mustard…oh yeah!
WTF is bologna salad? One of those midwestern feel-good measures when you guys go on a diet?

“Watcha eatin’, Carl?”
“The wife’s got me eatin’ salad. Gotta drop some lbs.”
“Oh yeah, what kinda salad, Carl?”
“Only kind I’ll eat, Bob. Bologna salad.”
Not a salad with that nasty lettuce shit..think like chicken salad or tuna salad but with bologna and pickles, also ham salad, turkey salad, crab salad, shrimp salad. Insert Bubba from Forrest Gump here.

@Sammich Freak from a guy named sammich freak I'd expect you to be a little more cultured. I think the bologna variety is a southern thing. Which makes sense as it comes from my grandparents on that side.

Last edited:
Regular sammich bread just butter, if using sourdough I'll use butter and olive oil.

Disappointed that I could count the mentions of tomato soup on one hand in this 10 page thread about grilled cheese. That's where the real magic is, amateurs.

Also if you really want to kick it up add a slice of Muenster cheese in there change the whole experience.

@Sammich Freak from a guy named sammich freak I'd expect you to be a little more cultured. I think the bologna variety is a southern thing. Which makes sense as it comes from my grandparents on that side.

How have I never heard of this? 🤤

Field test report! Well, more like kitchen test. Tried the grilled cheese popper thing. I used plain old white bread spread with Country Crock "butter". The worst part was spreading the softened cream cheese on the bread with the other side already buttered. I used jarred jalapeño slices and grilled it to my usual brown. I had to let it cool down quite a bit from the hot cream cheese. It wasn't horrible but not really worth the effort to me. Needed more cream cheese maybe. The lack of the crunchy batter was noticeable. The bread just didn't measure up. Overall, it was a quick and easy way to make "poppers" but didn't stand up to the real thing. Maybe cut into smaller pieces and served as a snack it would be ok but the prep was a pain.

20221219_122722.jpg20221219_123011.jpg

Back