MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

"Greenwashing at it's best"

The only job I've ever been fired from was my work study job in college managing the recycling. I would wait to collect until Tuesday nights and run around the campus at midnight, gather all the bags of plastic bottles and dump them in the roll off dumpster bin that was picked up at 6 am on Wednesday.

Single handedly set the recycling division back 6 months on lost revenue.

Last edited:
No because how often do you buy a Gatorade or a mt dew literally for no other reason than to guzzle it and spit in it?

True fact: every can of chew sold results in at least an additional dozen units of demand on plastic bottles.

I’ve chewed my fair share of Copenhagen and then some, I know how it works 😉
At least a Copenhagen can, at least the original snuff, is recyclable.

People with drinkable well water need to treat it like what it is: A gift from God, or the gods, or circumstance, that you don’t deserve. It’s clean, and comes in varieties, and is sometimes older than you, and doesn’t have to exist.

It’s Dang near disrespectful to a higher power in my opinion to drink municipal water stuffed into plastic bottles when you’ve got gold underneath your feet. I know lots of folks who do and it drives me nuts
It would be nice to have well water that is good to drink. I drank ours until I went to collage and got used to water that actuality tasted good. Bottled water is expensive but worth it.

a lot of bottled water is just municipal tap water sold at a 10,000x premium

Even the “natural spring water” bottled water can have a lot of legal wiggle room that causes it to not really be as natural or springy as you’d be led to believe

Even the “natural spring water” bottled water has a lot of legal wiggle room that causes it to not really be as natural or springy as you’d be led to believe
Usually says right on the label too. Or it used to.

It's not new to NPR either, just the latest rendition.

As several have pointed out. We've been fed Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.

It's hard to reduce, because once you reduce, how do you do anything else?
Reuse, is the easiest, and I feel, most common, but you want to do something productive when it's at the end of it's life...
Recycle? Apparently just throw it away and feel bad.

It's even older news than that, those stories only go back only 2 years. It's definitely the fault of Big Oil that recycling is not occurring though, damn them for providing the petroleum to make all those single-use Starbucks cups! 🤣

Even the “natural spring water” bottled water can have a lot of legal wiggle room that causes it to not really be as natural or springy as you’d be led to believe
Pepsi’s Aquavista, bottled in Worland, tastes just like our tap water here in Worland. Coincidence? Not paying $2/ bottle for that.

I wonder if people understand how lithium batteries are made and disposed of for their prius and tesla vehicles.

Kinda defeats all purpose to me once you see how they got to get the shit out to make at and dispose of it.

Also, how you they think the power is created to charge their piece of shit 3 times a day.

Answer: The wall outlet, that's what makes it.

My wife friend whose a Dr. was giving me the sales pitch on his green machine. The conversation made me wonder....

1. How is this guy a Dr.
2. How do some people survive in this world?
3. You serious Clark?

Cloth bags to reuse for groceries...no more cans dropping through plastic bags.
Reload your brass
A soda bottle makes for a lightweight backpacking water bottle
Don't consume bottled water

Can't really partake in the conversation as I live in the country and have a burn barrel that I use daily. I feed the trees. Does that make me green? lol
I never understood why we don’t burn plastic to generate electricity, old tires too. They burn hot. I’m not sure burying them in a landfill is “greener”

I have 2 excellent wells and drink it...I use nalgene bottles and half gallon milk jugs for canteens when needed. I never buy bottled water.
I only go to the dump once a month with a couple bags and its plastic and metal type stuff.
Had to go with saving paper for fire starter as I use wood heat with propane backup. Most paper is full of toxins now too.
I never burn trash. Plastics are trash.

A burn barrel is used when weather permits for most paper stuff. Or it goes in the burn piles for starter.

Years ago I saw the dumping of recycled stuff and grew sour on the idea.
What happened to my fleece being made from milk jugs that I am wearing from Patagucci?

Still waiting for my 60 mpg V8 that was promised in 1950....oh yeah that science disappeared.
Still waiting for methane and natural gas to be a temporary fuel .
Still waiting for clean nukes and a solution for the toxic waste.
Still wearing cotton and wool mostly.

I never understood why we don’t burn plastic to generate electricity, old tires too. They burn hot. I’m not sure burying them in a landfill is “greener”
Because they won't pay for the scrubbers needed. The same with refineries.

It can be done. But not on their dime.

Glad I don't have kids and am 67 already.

A few years ago I was visiting family in Holland. Speaking with my uncle who works for a municipality there, they burn the trash and generate heat and power with it. They were unfortunately projecting some issues with it as their measures to reduce waste was going to effect their fuel availability.

I am sure it comes with it's own set of disadvantages but I thought it was pretty cool. The amount of trash we generate per person here in the US absolutely dwarfs what is generated per person there, at least from my quick visits into that part of the world.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back