Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Greatest Western... Ever?

Hmmm... top five - not really in any order...

The Good, Bad and the Ugly
Open Range
Jeremiah Johnson
All the pretty horses (Crappy name for a great flick!)
and introducing, True Grit.

Blazing Saddles has not been mentioned yet....hahahaha Really though...High Plains Drifter for me.

Just about anything with the Duke in it, Outlaw Josey wales and Jeremiah Johnson also. You just can't go wrong with any of those

If we're including made for TV series, Lonesome Dove and Deadwood. I had forgotten about Unforgiven, one of the best endings ever.

Brokeback was not a western IMO but it was/is a great movie.

Dinkshooters euphamism is the tried and true, "honey how about I owe you one?"

All the pretty horses (Crappy name for a great flick!)

Sytes, get the trilogy (Horses, the CrossingCities of the Plains) from Cormac McCarthy. Great books that will blow the movies away.

Also - 2011 will see production on McCarthy's Blood Meridian. If done right, that will be the greatest western ever made. It would also be banned in most of the civilized world. :)

Did anyone see "The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford"?
I meant to but never got around to it. Heard it was really good though.

I saw it Randy...was pretty good but quirky. Made Frank James to be one bad mofo.

can't pick between the two so I'll list them both.....Unforgiven and Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid.....a close third is Tombstone.

The new True Grit is good and I enjoyed it, as did the wife, but it would not be in my top 5 westerns. Many have been mentioned already, Tombstone, Unforgiven, Outlaw Josey Wales, Jeremiah Johnson and The Shootist, in no particular order fill up my top 5.

Did anyone see "The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford"?
I meant to but never got around to it. Heard it was really good though.

It was okay, Casey Affleck did an awesome acting job...Randy you would might like it since the character Robert Ford is totally fixated on Jesse James...yeah probably in a gay way. :D

I wouldnt call it the best ever but top ten easy...... definitely deserves an honorable mention.

Hombre

Mexican Bandit: [Russell and Mendez have ambushed Grimes' gang] Hey, hombre! A compliment on your shooting! You put a hole in me! Whew. I never had a bellyache like this since I'm a little boy. Hey amigo! Friend! I am going to give you back this bullet.

Wife likes Lonesome Dove. Does not like it when I use the term poke:D.

ohhh BTW when I got home tonight I tested Dinks post and sure enough Dink speaks the truth, also asking to cut cards for the poke,,,, well only makes matters worse.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back