Great Social Media posts?

I think they should have broke his legs when they all got back to the vehicle. I really dislike the influencers.
My mindset is I’ll die before I call SAR. Someone may call for me and they come find me, but I’d have to be in a bad way to hit SOS. Not just “I’m too stupid to know my limits and exactly how low my IQ is to get me in my current predicament.”

Of course he did…
Damn that's kind of hard to watch. I understand the sentiment of don't wait until it's too late to hit the button but he wasn't even in an emergency situation. No attempt at self recovery or really just walking back. I don't get it.

The comments too, I get it it's better that the kid didn't die out there. At the same time I'm guessing there was a 99 percent chance he gets himself out safely the next day. Again this was nowhere near an emergency situation. I couldn't get to the end but from the comments it looks like one or some of the rescuers flamed him on social media. Definitely unprofessional, I'm also guessing the reason they sent the sheriff office instead of some specialty SAR team is because it was not some crazy emergency.

Finished the video, there are not really any redeeming parts. I'm guessing he didn't do it for likes or views but that he just gave up and misunderstood what SOS means. It's really a story of how someone can let thier mind get the best of them. When they say situations are 90% mental this is what they mean. This guy threw in the towel before he even tried to break it down and handle the situation.

His friend he was texting with could have done the same thing those cops did. They just walked down and walked him back up.

Finished the video, there are not really any redeeming parts. I'm guessing he didn't do it for likes or views but that he just gave up and misunderstood what SOS means. It's really a story of how someone can let thier mind get the best of them. When they say situations are 90% mental this is what they mean. This guy threw in the towel before he even tried to break it down and handle the situation.

His friend he was texting with could have done the same thing those cops did. They just walked down and walked him back up.
In all honesty, it’s easy to panic when you’re by yourself. It’s just something you have to learn to work through.

I watched the entire video. What a douche. Totally played the victim. It sounds to me like he dropped 1000 to 1500 feet in elevation and never even attempted to climb back out before hitting the SOS. I’m sure eating one of those meals might not be enjoyable but is definitely doable if you have no other options. It’s kinda funny that the police walked down 1/2 a mile to grab his ass and walk him out and he was requesting a helicopter.

I would rather die than send an SOS that reveals my hunting location.
To be totally core you would hide yourself before dying to save the purity of the spot forever!

On the subject of SOS guy, I'd like to think that if I was feeling uptight, and I knew there was a snowmobile up top that was my ticket to a burger that night, I'd climb that ridge pretty quick. It looked like all he needed to do was go up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back