Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Great social media posts..

You might be on to something with that idea. Since YT won't allow it and IG/FB won't allow it, I might have to paywall something here on HT. A dollar a month for Larry to entertain us might be worth it to some.
That’s his retirement plan since he says he’s hanging it up. A paid subscriber only story telling link. 😂

The worst part is over 300k views…. I didnt click on it so didnt read the comments. Hoping he gets the bashing he deserves.
I have been looking at the comments and watched the vid - most of the comments are backing him, and there is some pushback on the way the S.O. handled the situation. It really sounds like there were failings on both ends, and with this video he may cause people to not hit the SOS button when they really need it. This dude should have had a way to start a fire instead of just relying on the jet boil. And he tells S.O. that he CAN move, but shits on them for asking him to move as far as he can?

Last edited:
I have been looking at the comments - most of the comments are backing him, and there is some pushback on the way the S.O. handled the situation. However, it does really seem like he was asking for it trying to backpack into alpine lakes in deep snow. He should have turned around.
Yeah, he comes off as really entitled in that video.
Like beyond what I would’ve expected.
He clearly didn’t know what he was doing and just bit off more than he could chew.
If he was on skis I would give him some leeway on bombing down into a canyon and getting stuck because you can cover so much ground in such little time, but on snow shoes I would think you would notice the steepness of the hill and sloppy snow conditions as you post holed through “waist deep snow”

And yeah shit happens sometimes, but don’t be mad at your rescuers because they didn’t roll out the red carpet for you.

He should be sitting back and reflecting on how much of a stupid asshole he was and how lucky he is that they came and got him, but instead he makes a video bitching about search and rescue being mean and not bringing a helicopter when he walked out under his own power in fine health.
Smh

Surprises me that most of the comments back him, but they are listening to his side of the story. My gut says he did it for the views considering his actions, which is pathetic. The responding rescuers report on his situation said it all. If he really wanted to stage it well and get the helicopter shot, he should have rented a helicopter and had the pilot dress up like a rescuer. I see no difference.

Running low on fuel the second day I think he said? Taking much longer to cover ground than anticipated? Can't find any water? Yeah, let me continue my trek. What a moron.

Comments seem overwhelmingly in his favor, "this will dissuade people from pushing the SOS button". No it should dissuade idiots from making a series of bad mistakes and then putting others in jeopardy to save them.

I have been looking at the comments and watched the vid - most of the comments are backing him, and there is some pushback on the way the S.O. handled the situation. It really sounds like there were failings on both ends, and with this video he may cause people to not hit the SOS button when they really need it. This dude should have had a way to start a fire instead of just relying on the jet boil. And he tells S.O. that he CAN move, but shits on them for asking him to move as far as he can?
For sure. The beginning of the video definitely made him seem like a victim. Then "no food" but you're surrounded by snow and dehydrated meals? 5' of snow, pics show it under 2". Mad because they doxxed him...he's a f***ing YouTube creator. Complaining about his snowmobile ride out. It really seemed like he wanted S&R to spend the night like they were buddies.

He wasn't far from a road, I'm going to guess the sheriff was rolling their eyes when he said it would take 2+ days to go 2 miles. It does seem like failure from both ends was the theme.

First, if he studied the map as he said he did, how did he not know he would be climbing to the top of a ridge and then dropping down into a canyon? When he got to the top of the ridge how did he not see he was about to drop down into a nasty snow filled canyon? Must be an idiot. After that little bitch fest about the people who took the time, effort and risk to plow a trail for him so he wouldn't have to work too hard, he better hope he never really needs help in that county. He does pay good money to Garmin though, so the generous, unselfish, volunteers who risk life and limb to rescue him when he does something stupid should be a little nicer so as not to hurt his feelings.

Of course he did…

I watched it, and I don't like him.

It's tough, because I am not him and wasn't there, but everything about that video screams he just succumbed to his inner-coward.

I know quite a few of the local SAR guys. They train year-round for a handful of incidents a year. Yes, they would be quite pissed, being volunteers who are likely taking time off of work and time away from their families and putting themselves in extreme discomfort and/or danger for some guy who just seems at first blush, like a quitter.

He had food and lied about it, he had water, he had shelter, and he had the gear he needed to extract himself. He just wanted someone to hold his hand. That isn't what SAR guys and gals sign up for, and that isn't what SOS buttons are for.

I watched it, and I don't like him.

It's tough, because I am not him and wasn't there, but everything about that video screams he just succumbed to his inner-coward.

I know quite a few of the local SAR guys. They train year-round for a handful of incidents a year. Yes, they would be quite pissed, being volunteers who are likely taking time off of work and time away from their families and putting themselves in extreme discomfort and/or danger for some guy who just seems at first blush, like a quitter.

He had food and lied about it, he had water, he had shelter, and he had the gear he needed to extract himself. He just wanted someone to hold his hand. That isn't what SAR guys and gals sign up for, and that isn't what SOS buttons are for.
He should talk to Kurt Racicot. Just because you don't have fuel doesn't mean you can't eat freeze dried food!

I'd be dragging myself on my hands and knees and on my last breath before pushing the damn SOS button. If you got energy to press record you got energy to pick one foot up in front of the other.

Clearly likes/views/subscribers were his plan all along with this. The picture someone posted of him in snowshoes walking out painted the picture of the 🤡 this guy is

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back