Great social media posts..

I asked him if he needed a tag for the calf too. Let you know what he says.
Was this the guy you snipped the pro-shoulder season comments from? I tried to search for that post, but couldn't dig it up...

Ignorance incoming...What is a shoulder season, and why do I get the feeling it isn't popular with everybody?
Extended seasons for cow elk in Montana before and after the archery and general season. They started in a few units on private land and have now expanded a lot. Most of us like having elk on the landscape and don’t think we need to kill even more of them for 6 months straight.

Ignorance incoming...What is a shoulder season, and why do I get the feeling it isn't popular with everybody?
@MTLabrador summed most of it up. The majority of the heartburn has come from people, and posters on here, rightfully claiming when they first started that these would expand over the coming years and would become a mainstay in the season structure while doing absolutely nothing to solve issues of elk residing on private land.

The shoulder seasons have done nothing but make the problem worse and removed even more elk from public land.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back