Gravy Train Through High Cotton

Absolutely beautiful ram Gerald! Congrats on a hunt many of us would love to duplicate. Getting to watch that many quality rams in one spot at one time is amazing to me

Congrats on an awesome ram! Did you put a tape on it yet?

As the hunt crew was making their approach, 3 of us sat and watched through our spotters. A few minutes go by and we watch the rams stand to stretch. Gerald's ram dropped down a bit to nibble on the bitterbrush and the ram bedded above him kicked a rock down at him. There was no doubt it wasn't intentional. He looked at the rock and went out of his way to kick it. We continued to watch the rams chase a few ewes and kick each other in the business...the amount of bullying they do would get them canceled in our social network. Now the surprise and not odd for this bunch of sheep, Gerald's ram decides he needs a shower of his "own brand". Covered in his own golden shower he parades around seemingly proud of himself. The other big rams freeze and lip curl as almost in disgust :ROFLMAO:

Not long after this the ewes seem to panic...this is where, from our vantage, the whole bunch disappear behind the rocks. The three of us freak out not knowing if the hunter party even made it close to the sheep. Just then Gerald pops up in my spotter literally climbing up a rock ledge with Matt and Travis in tow and they scramble up and out of sight...hopefully Gerald writes an account of the approach since this is where the viewers lose sight of hunt crew.

Last edited:
Congrats gerald on a well earned sheep.

And to all the helpers

What a change of pace from my usual unlimited sheep hunts. Feels strange to go from spending day after day behind glass just hoping to see a ram, to shifting the scope from big ram to big ram to try to find one a few inches bigger than the rest.

Some pics from the big day

These are of the now infamous Rocket Ram
DSCN9537.jpg

DSCN9542.jpg

DSCN9558.jpg

The smaller ram took a nap to recover from all the "fun" with Rocket
DSCN9570.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

This is the other good ram that was bedded between the two groups.
DSCN9578.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

Geralds Ram and his group
DSCN9573.jpg

A roadside ram I saw in the unit on my way home after the hunt
DSCN9581.jpg

What a change of pace from my usual unlimited sheep hunts. Feels strange to go from spending day after day behind glass just hoping to see a ram, to shifting the scope from big ram to big ram to try to find one a few inches bigger than the rest.

Some pics from the big day

These are of the now infamous Rocket Ram
View attachment 249247

View attachment 249248

View attachment 249249

The smaller ram took a nap to recover from all the "fun" with Rocket
View attachment 249250

View attachment 249251

View attachment 249253

This is the other good ram that was bedded between the two groups.
View attachment 249254

View attachment 249255

Geralds Ram and his group
View attachment 249256

A roadside ram I saw in the unit on my way home after the hunt
View attachment 249257
This roadside ram met his match the next day.....Awesome to see so many good quality rams. Keep the pics coming!

Back